Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent 8 hours Saturday detailing the traverse from the inside out (and i didn't get to everything i'd like). I have a almost three year old daughter who just tosses stuff all over and my wife isn't all that great about cleaning so cleaned off all the doors and carpets, took the car seats out so i could flip up the seats and so forth. Took me two hours to do the inside (including an oil change to Penzoil platnum (no UOA sorry on the sytntec blend i dumped with about 8500 mi and 40% on the DIC)).

Next i proceeded to wash it (two bucket method) and clay bar the whole car. My shoulder still hurts this moring. The car's about a year old and had only had monthly or so washes so far. The grill and tailgate were the dirtiest obviously. Took forever to get all the bugs off the nose. Finally finished with a coat of McGuires Gold liquid wax.

When done running a finger across the paint felt litterally like silk (with no texture). smoothest thing i've ever felt :thumb:

Sorry no pictures since it was dark when i finished :(

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sounds like a fun filled day. :banana:

I have some new wax on order that should be on my door today or tomorrow (Hopefully the 100* + temps don't melt it) then I'm going to tackle the Traverse. Our daughter is only 2 months old now, so nothing really dirty yet, plus the car is only a week old, but I want to get a nice clay bar session in, and some good Dodo Juice wax to give the Red Jewell Tintcoat a nice luster. :sunny:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ours is red jewel as well. It really looks nice in the sun all polished up. My wife doesn't like the color (it was what was available) but i like it a lot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
{jealous}

I've got three, between 1 and 6, and they do the same (and my wife does the same). I'd love to have the time to do that level of work on it - it would be therapeutic (did I mention they're all girls?) :banghead:

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I have the ebony/black interior...
and the other day I found some spilled formula... on the seat and on the black plastic for the rails--- I promptly walked inside--
told the missus to follow me- once at the car- I pointed to the spilled formula.
I said- you spilled it- you clean it up.

sure enough-- she went to get a wet rag- and cleaned it up...
I dont know if she knew she spilled some...--- but im sure she did-- she prepped the bottle and fed it to the little one....

so--- hopefully- next time it happens-- shell clean it up.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
well- you know- Im trying to let it be known- that Im not going to allow the car to get dirty....

I had a friend- who drove her then brand new expedition to my house- to show it to me---- it was about 2 months old-
When I looked inside-- HOLY S :angel: ....

I swear- I was blown away at how dirty this less than 2 month old car was..
chips, food, candy, shoes, kids clothes, stains in the carpet, etc... horrible...

she says-- oh sorry- the cars a mess-- but the kids.....

thats what im trying to avoid... when my little ones starts to grow up-- I hope to nip him in the bud-- that daddy does not like dirty cars.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Ours are 28 months and 6 months. I'm trying to instill in the 2 year old to keep things clean. Also trying to get my wife on board. Sometimes I get in and there are coffee cups still in the cup holders....I'm like, why don't you throw them out when you get home? Either toss 'em in the garage garbage, or the kitchen garbage. Oh well....if that's as bad as it gets, I think I can handle keeping it clean.

·
Registered
417 Posts
When I had a lot more time on my hands, I'd do the same to the cars I owned. Today it's just a dream. I detail it once or twice a year now if I'm lucky. And boy do I get tired of digging stuff out of the seat runners!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I just hope that I am able to keep ontop of the vehicle cleanings. The little one has definitely taken time away from "Me Time", but hopefully I can get enough time to keep the Silverado, Traverse, and Boat all cleaned up well enough for them not to be an embarrasment. I know my truck has alredy shown signs of neglect since she was born, but I make it up to the Silverado with a nice long day of TLC. ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my silverado is only 3 weeks old :binky: so it's not getting done until the fall (probably october before it starts getting real cold).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts