Traverse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my my New Desert Brown Mettalic Traverse on Monday - 8/10/09 and just got the Traverse tinted 20% on the Driver and Passenger side doors and same 20% strip on the front windshield.

Also, de-badged the side door Traverse emblems and the rear door Chevrolet and Traverse LT emblems. I had to leave the bow tie on the rear door cause it seems that GM used double adhesive taping which was very hard to remove without scratching the paint itself, so I did not bother and also the GM logos on the side door moldings are embedded in the molding itself so I kept them as is.

Here are some pics:

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

Image 4:

Image 5:

Let me know your thoughts!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just curious.......why did you debadge it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the car looks much nicer and clean without all the badges and especially with the Traverse, I don't know why GM has so many of them (around the doors and on the back). PLus, it helps if you wash your car on your own as well IMO.

·
Registered
44 Posts
CHEVerse - what did you use to get the glue off from the badges? Heat Gun? Scraper? Chemicals? or Elbow Grease?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^I actually took it to a collision shop "Collex Collision" and they charged me $50. The only way I knew that was because my brother debadged his G8 GT.

But i've helped my some friend debadge it using a heat gun on a nice hot day and using a fishing line and a lot of patience and time. And then the time you spend for waxing and cleaning, this time I just felt it was not worth it....

A

·
0 Posts
Desert Brown; is that the actual name of the color? If so; what is the reference?

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I dont think Ive ever seen this color on a Traverse.... Must have been discontinued

just looked it up on the 2010 order guide. not there.
so must have been a 2009 only color.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
i love this color if i could have gotten it i would have...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Desert Brown = Cocoa Brown?

My '09 Outlook is called Cocoa Brown... looks very similar to your Traverse.

A

·
0 Posts
I've seen dealers use "non factory" color names to explain a vehicle's color

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I like the rims on the Outlook. I have not seen those much.

·
Registered
346 Posts
rbarrios said:
I like the rims on the Outlook. I have not seen those much.
Thanks! You don't see the optional 20" rims much because they were offered as part of the "Touring Package", which also includes the dual-exhaust tips, for a option price of $1800. :eek:

Fortunately, my Outlook was an ex-GM Executive car, and had almost every option checked-off, including the Touring Package. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
:thumb: on your Outlook

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think it looks like a plain Duck. Nothing sets it off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2012 Traverse and the only badges it has on it is the front and rear bowtie and the "TRAVERSE LT" emblem on the back. I would only remove the traverse, not the bow ties.

·
Registered
24 Posts
awesome color...fits the traverse well!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts