RS or Premier

• RS

• Premier

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s going on everybody?! New member here. My wife and I were in Chevy shopping for cars and we fell in love with the traverse. Especially for our family. Was wondering what’s everyone’s opinion on the vehicle. We usually do driving around for shopping and road trips when we can. I also work in construction so the car would come with me on night time runs. (Maybe some loading of materials in the trunk every now and again from the job site) look forward to hearing from member on how they enjoy the vehicle or what they don’t enjoy? Also what edition. Would be the better bang for the buck I guess.
one more thing....does anyone actually use the “manual” mode on the gear shifter? If so....how do you like it? Or does it really work?
thanks everyone!

·
Registered
478 Posts
(Maybe some loading of materials in the trunk every now and again from the job site)
I wouldn't suggest a upper end trim package, to haul stuff to a construction site.

I have a 2020 3LT, Tow Package, and 2nd row bench seat. (8 passenger) and I think its the best choice for price vs. what you get.

Friends with the split 2nd row ( 7 passenger ) regret that choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't suggest a upper end trim package, to haul stuff to a construction site.

I have a 2020 3LT, Tow Package, and 2nd row bench seat. (8 passenger) and I think its the best choice for price vs. what you get.

Friends with the split 2nd row ( 7 passenger ) regret that choice.
Thanks for the insight. I don’t mind the 7 seater. I do like the actual bucket seats especially for the kids. (Currently have a one year old)
As for hauling stuff it isn’t anything crazy I’d be doing. Maybe some brass and stuff while having the inside protected. I use to load my Audi Q7 before but that didn’t have nearly as much space as this. but that vehicle was deemed a total loss in an accident.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
291 Posts
Are you going to be towing anything? If so go with the Premier as the towing package is standard equipment in the Premier and High Country.
I've a HC as no Premier was around with the color wife wanted.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Premier vs RS... do you like chrome trim or blacked out trim? I prefer the Premier but I'm generally one of the few who like chrome anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did a back and forth between a Premiere and an RS and went with the RS with a tow package on my 2020. The decision started with the styling, I do like the RS appearance but firming that up was the cost vs. options. I was actually comparing a Premiere Red Line with an RS so the cost difference was $4 to $5K. The only feature that I wish that I had is the LED headlights.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Are you going to be towing anything? If so go with the Premier as the towing package is standard equipment in the Premier and High Country.
I've a HC as no Premier was around with the color wife wanted.
repairman54---I'm afraid you mis-spoke, or I have a Premier that didn't get its full package of standard equipment. The towing package isn't included in my Premier, and it wasn't a "delete" from the standard equipment list. (wouldn't have minded having it for the increased cooling capability, even tough I never intend to tow anything.)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Per the 2020 brochure, the trailering package is only standard on the High Country. Optional on all others.
If someone got it on their RS, it's probably because the dealer happened to order it with the package.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
291 Posts
On Chevorlet.com trailering package is shown standard on the Premier and HC. Just verified that now when comparing trim levels. That's the reference I used when shopping in the spring. Only difference I saw was hitch view camera option which comes with the driver confidence package.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
When I checked Chevy.com, and compared models, I got "available" for both Premier and RS and 'standard" for High Country.

·
Registered
291 Posts
green traverse--And that agrees with the way my Premier was built--no towing package as standard equipment.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
291 Posts
I searched on AWD versions, tow is standard on AWD Premiers and HC.
You guys had me reaching for the Prevacin LOL

Reactions: c&wsinbad

·
Registered
291 Posts
repairman--LOL!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a 2020 RS 2LT with tow package and driver convenience package. I love it! I don't like the chrome and our traverse came all blacked out except the lettering, which we are replacing. Personally for the price, I think I got a better deal on the RS with the extra packages.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don’t regrets the HC. Best AWD you can get along with all the features. I think if you are looking for a fair shake, just pick a price point and then the car with the features you want the most. The rest is all just what other feel and less of what you need/want out of your purchase.

You asked about the manual mode, I have used it a few times to slow down a hill, works fine. I would use it only with toe from now on though. It is responsive though.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
291 Posts
I don’t regrets the HC. Best AWD you can get along with all the features. I think if you are looking for a fair shake, just pick a price point and then the car with the features you want the most. The rest is all just what other feel and less of what you need/want out of your purchase.

I agree. IMO Black bottom cladding looks cheap on any color except black is one of the reasons I didn't even look at lower trim levels not to mention lack of standard tow package in them.
I traded a Continental in on mine, super spoiled by it, was only FWD though and AWD is more practical.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts