Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can we de badge our traverse. I have a great looking Black one and how could I remove all the emblems. I also have a 2007 Tundra and have removed all the badging except the SR5 ones.

Your thoughts.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I removed my dealership badging, it was simple vinyl lettering. Ask your dealership or a good car mechanic, they might know how GM does badging well enough to give you pointers.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Why would anyone want to remove the factory badging? Are you embarrased you are driving a Chevy? I don't get it. Stand tall, and be proud to own a Chevy, and a well built GM vehicle. Leave the badges ON.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
09Enclave,

Becuase some vehicles look cleaner with out all the plastic crome that they come with. I don't intend to remove the chevy emblems on the front and most likely the sides since they are embedded into the moulding. I did my Tundra and it looks great.

Just looking for opinons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
09Enclave said:
Why would anyone want to remove the factory badging? Are you embarrased you are driving a Chevy? I don't get it. Stand tall, and be proud to own a Chevy, and a well built GM vehicle. Leave the badges ON.
That's a bit presumptuous and judgemental on your part. His question had to do with how to remove the badging - flaming him because it's not something you would do or not something you agree with, is completely out of line. There are many instances where vehicles look tons better when they are stripped clean from logo's, decals or badges - but then again, that's subjective.

·
Registered
407 Posts
geez-o-peets, I can't say my opinion without being accused of "flaming"?  Whatever (re-read his original post, he was asking how to on HIS Traverse, and said he had done it on another vehicle of his too...so he IS intending on doing it)  AND, he said he was looking for opinions, which I gave...nothing was "out of line" To each their own. (It's getting so you can't say anything on these forums anymore) NOTHING PERSONAL, just talking cars...let's all talk like adults, and not get bent over every word that's typed, that's what I think anyway.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey all you Traverse users... Have you noticed the two "trouble-makers" ;) owning Enclaves are having it out in our forum area... I am sure glad us Traverse owners are much more level-headed. :angel: Do you think if they traded in the Enclaves for Traverses it might improve both their outlooks? :happy: After all, ours is the latest and GREATEST of all the lamba platforms. Luckily for them we are very forgiving of other peoples less-than perfect lamba choices. ::)

·
Registered
407 Posts
t4me: You have provided a nice bit of info on after market parts, and have answered my questions on another thread, which I'm gratefull for, so I'm glad I have spent some time on this forum, along with the other lambda forums (P.S. check your spelling of l-a-m-b-d-a....I'm not picking on you, just pointing out, what could be a typo, but you spelled it the same twice...shhhh, I won't tell) whoops, I just did!  >:D  No...seriously, I'm not a trouble maker, but I'm taking what you said as being funny, and with humor.  It seems that every time I bring up anything that's pro-GM, no matter what forum I'm on, I get flack.  No one wants to "cheer" for GM these days, and no one allows me to either.  :sosad:

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's what I get for typing and not reading what I type :-\ Seriously, IMO with no flaming intended and with my utmost respect, debadging does not necessarily imply that someone is not proud of or happy with the car manufactuer they purchased from. As you acknowledged in your posts, the gentleman had already done the debadging to the Tundra of his and said it looked great, so I would say it never entered my mind that this was an anti-GM or anti-Chevy issue in my mind.

I can tell you my wife HATES having any dealer badges on her ride. She was taught, by her dad of all folks, to have it removed at the dealership as she never consented to allow a GM dealership to advertise on her ride.

With regards to cheering or not cheering for GM, I personally have mixed feelings about GM even though we used my wife's family's employee discount (from her dad who has since passed on). I have never been thrilled growing up in a blue collar town (Buffalo) and hearing all the proud stories from UAW and Steelworker Union folks who were SO proud of the ratio of employees to work (way overboard with cots in the backroom - did this happen everywhere - no - but too much for me) and all of the end result of union bargaining (some of the benefits). I am not picking on unions here. My dad was a union carpenter for decades and retired with a really nice pension. We would not have had the lifestyle over the years if it were not for his union and his work. My point is this.... do not under-estimate the number of folks across this country and around this world who (especially after the AIG mess) are no longer willing to cut any business any slack when they themselves are hit where it hurts (re: Bailout money and GM). I cannot tell you the outright FLACK and DISTAIN I have gotten from my co-workers here in Ohio over paying so much for a vehicle that we, the taxpayers, have already bought and paid for so many times over with our tax dollars! (them talking - not me!)

I applaud you for your steadfastness and encourage you to continue. Simply, try to understand that for alot of other folks, your kind of support does not come as easy and like you, they deserve the right to their own opinions (of your opinion). There... no flaming intended here... just being honest since we are all being honest here. I hate being serious. Copperbeech, back to hockey talk, ok? Oh and by the way, let's get those two LAMBDA Enclaves traded in for Traverses, you will definitely feel alot better and so will we! ;D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here's one reason why I keep my dealer badging on our Traverse and with all the other Chevy vehicles we have purchased from this dealer. Free car washes. I (or anyone driving our Traverse) pull up, they see the badging and off to the detailing section of the garage for a free car wash. They don't have to look up my info in the computer.

I'll trade the convenience for the free advertising they get.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glad to hear about your level of car detailing from your dealer, Ovurt! Unfortunately for me, I do not see our dealership providing the same level of drive-up service (unless, of course, we have a service visit scheduled and it is written up as such). There has always been talk about which dealerships are more or less customer / service friendly in our area. I think a bad rep can go a long way towards de-badging the dealership logo for sure...

·
Registered
407 Posts
t4me said:
That's what I get for typing and not reading what I type :-\ Seriously, IMO with no flaming intended and with my utmost respect, debadging does not necessarily imply that someone is not proud of or happy with the car manufactuer they purchased from. As you acknowledged in your posts, the gentleman had already done the debadging to the Tundra of his and said it looked great, so I would say it never entered my mind that this was an anti-GM or anti-Chevy issue in my mind.

I can tell you my wife HATES having any dealer badges on her ride. She was taught, by her dad of all folks, to have it removed at the dealership as she never consented to allow a GM dealership to advertise on her ride.

With regards to cheering or not cheering for GM, I personally have mixed feelings about GM even though we used my wife's family's employee discount (from her dad who has since passed on). I have never been thrilled growing up in a blue collar town (Buffalo) and hearing all the proud stories from UAW and Steelworker Union folks who were SO proud of the ratio of employees to work (way overboard with cots in the backroom - did this happen everywhere - no - but too much for me) and all of the end result of union bargaining (some of the benefits). I am not picking on unions here. My dad was a union carpenter for decades and retired with a really nice pension. We would not have had the lifestyle over the years if it were not for his union and his work. My point is this.... do not under-estimate the number of folks across this country and around this world who (especially after the AIG mess) are no longer willing to cut any business any slack when they themselves are hit where it hurts (re: Bailout money and GM). I cannot tell you the outright FLACK and DISTAIN I have gotten from my co-workers here in Ohio over paying so much for a vehicle that we, the taxpayers, have already bought and paid for so many times over with our tax dollars! (them talking - not me!)

I applaud you for your steadfastness and encourage you to continue. Simply, try to understand that for alot of other folks, your kind of support does not come as easy and like you, they deserve the right to their own opinions (of your opinion). There... no flaming intended here... just being honest since we are all being honest here. I hate being serious. Copperbeech, back to hockey talk, ok? Oh and by the way, let's get those two LAMBDA Enclaves traded in for Traverses, you will definitely feel alot better and so will we! ;D
Well said! :thumb: As for dealer badging...that's another thing all together. I used to always remove it, thought it looked tacky. But, funny thing is....I have now thought about leaving mine on the Enclave for a funny reason: I've been watching those classic car auctions, and sometimes a vehicle goes thru that's an original owner car, and still HAS the dealer badge on it....those are thought of as being more collectable. Will I keep the Enclave till it becomes a classic or collectable? Probably not...BUT, if for some reason I decide to, I will be the original owner, and still have the badge where it came from. (plus I ordered it, just as I wanted, and it never sat on the dealer lot) Also, since the Enclaves are built in Lansing MI (my local town, or "area" if you will) that would be cool to have the dealer badge that says Lansing. I don't know, probaby a silly reason, but the one from my dealer is not bad looking, and it's in an OK place, and on there straight...so I'm leaving it for now. As for the pro-GM comments I made earlier, I understand most people don't feel that way now...however, I would think owners, and those who are a part of GM forums would welcome those feelings, like a "club" if you will. But I guess I'm understanding now that people on car forums are not like fans necessarily of the manufacture of vehicle they own. Guess I need to accept that fact.

·
Registered
185 Posts
We are actually (so far) leaving the dealer badge on as it looks kind of "cute". Don't ask me to explain it. My wife was initially upset that ***I*** missed having that removed, but apparently it is small enought and "cute" enough that it is growing on her. I love the automotive product itself and alot of the history surrounding past products (and the work it took/takes to design/build them), but I guess I kind of divorce myself from the Corporation and business practices involved. For example, I am not a big fan of John Deere as a company, but I am in love with the brand and at least, what it used to represent (only a weekend suburbian riding mower junkie, sorry). Cannot say that the product is totally the same as it used to be, but what else is these days?

·
Registered
1 Posts
With respect to your original question on this thread, use dental floss. If you work it behind the emblem, it'll come right off. Then use WD40 to remove any sticky tape left behind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Because I live in Indiana, we have no front license plates (unlike every other "normal" place I ever lived). So, the dealer badging is a front license plate with their name on it. Not terribly annoying since I wasn't going to have anything there anyway and an empty plate holder doesn't look streamlined.

But, I went up a trim level to 1LT to get a little bit of Traverse here and Traverse there and LT and whatnot. On the LS, you didn't even know you had a Traverse unless you looked at the liftgate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts