Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
wonder what it looks like on an ebony interior.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I would love to see this kit installed in some ones Traverse in another color. I wish the stated what color the one in the picture was and if it is simulated or real wood because they sell both. I got some samples from another company at least I could see what the color looks like in mine.

8) Steve

·
Registered
248 Posts
Any one install a wood dash kit yet?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think wood dash kits have to be done right to look even halfway decent. The kit that was in our Buick Regal was there when we bought it and I really didn't like it much, but we got a screaming deal on the car and I was able to tolerate it.

A brown-colored kit in a cashmere Traverse would look good if the tone of the "wood" was subtle enough. The gray (titanium) interior would maybe look good with a carbon fiber kit or a wood kit that was done in dark gray "stain". I'd like to see the guage trim rings (around the speedo and tach), door handles, and shift-gate area done in more of a brushed look rather than chromed plastic, too.

My two cents...

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
i plan on adding a real carbon fiber kit soon.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tiestosteele said:
I remember a member posting a picture of the wood kit they installed, it was a while ago I will try and find the pic. My opinion is that if it is not real wood I dont want it. That cheap plastic looking "wood" I find tacky and I am gald the traverse does not have it.

EDIT:
http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=286.0;attach=326;image
That is much nicer, I wonder what it look like with light gray seat and black/light gray dash trim.

Anyone know where it is from?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree, that second picture is MUCH nicer. Should actually be cheaper as it doesn't replace nearly as much, but looks better because it's more subtle and gives a perfect transition to the cashmere to black/gray borders. The first one stands out a little too much.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree but it would nice if someone that had install a kit would have pictures from different angles and the type of kit they installed. This woud be a big help.
8) Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts