Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone taken their upper dash apart? I am going to install a Garmin GPS in our 2011 Travers and hate the windshield mount. I am thinking about making a plate that mounts between some of the trim, even if I have to notch the trim to make it work. Up around the center vents/ storage box in the top of the dash. Might even put a USB power plug in the dash storage box. Anyone got pics of video of how this comes apart?

Thanks
Glenn

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
ohhhhhh yeah..... that member took apart alot of his Traverse..

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
What would posess a person to take a new vehicle apart that far???

Flood or Salvage title maybe??? Not for me.

A

·
0 Posts
GXPWeasel said:

I guess the idea of having the digital HVAC system; gotta give him a :thumb:; no issues after it was put back together

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
he also added the 120V AC plug in the rear- and something else along with adding the digital AC.

·
Registered
36 Posts
GXPWeasel said:

NOTHING WRONG WITH MY TITLE. I JUST DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY TO GET ALL THE OPTIONS I WANTED WHEN I BOUGHT THE TRUCK 530 PAYMENT O% INTEREST I DID GET THE MOON ROOF AND CAPTAIN CHAIRS, HOW MUCH MORE SHOULD I HAVE SHELLED OUT, BY THE WAY I ADDED HEATED SEATS, REMOTE START, MEMORY SEATS, FOLDING MIRRORS, AUTO DIMMING MIRRORS, BACK UP CAMERA, 20" WHEELS, NAVIGATION (NEVER HAD PROBLEMS INPUTING ADDRESS IN MOTION), POWER PASSENGER SEAT(WITH UP AND DOWN NOT AVAILABLE ON ANY LAMBDA [USED MY DRIVER SEAT AS A PASSENGER SEAT]) BLUETOOTH, AUTOMATIC HVAC, REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, 120 POWER OUTLET, PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS AND TOWING. ALL FACTORY GM FROM OTHER LAMBDA'S AND FOR FAR LESS THAN WHAT GM WOULD HAVE CHARGED ME. MAYBE IN THE FUTURE I WILL ADD HUD, HEATED AND COOLED SEATS, HEATED WASHER, POWER HATCH, TELESCOPIC STEERING, HID HEADLIGHTS AND IF I GET BORED AND AMBITIOUS AWD ;D

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Wow, that is a lot of add-ons. Did you happen to take pictures as you went? I'd love to see some of the tear down pictures for various projects.

The only project I would consider adding is a backup camera, but I can't say that I miss it enough to go and buy the parts and install it. Only for hooking up the trailer, would it be handy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, just the tear down of the dash. If your considering the back up camera just know that the harness in the hatch is not pre-wired for it. Its easier to just buy a new hatch harness for a little over $100 new or get it from a junk yard willing to remove it from the hatch. The wires in the cab are pre-wired but, are in the headliner for a mirror setup not a nav setup. If your as ambitious as me you can removed them from the headliner and reroute them under the carpet to the nav., just give yourself a couple of hours to do it. Another thing the BCM locks out the camera some how, so I replaced the BCM with one from a traverse that had it and just reprogrammed my VIN to it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone removed the bin cover from that rather useless dash top bin? It is the perfect place for my GPS but I wish they had made a roll top cover for it that disappears rather than the flip top. Anyone find any aftermarlket covers for the space once the lid is removed? Anyone removed the lid without destroying it? I'd even remove it as long as I could put it back on when I sell it - if I sell it.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Useless???? not for me..
I store all sorts of stuff in there.
couple of phones, wallet, Flip video camera, digital camera IN its case, packs of gum,

Very usefull.

Ive seen pics of the box being removed on a Traverse and I think Outlook... the GPS module/sensor sits beneath this I think...
you have to remove other portions of the trim-- but not hard to do I think.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
We like 10 different pairs of sunglasses in there. Well I have two pairs the girls have the others as they have to match their outfit to the pair they wear ha ha.

·
Registered
551 Posts
my wife fills it with useless junk, drives me crazy :happy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
NOTHING WRONG WITH MY TITLE. I JUST DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY TO GET ALL THE OPTIONS I WANTED WHEN I BOUGHT THE TRUCK 530 PAYMENT O% INTEREST I DID GET THE MOON ROOF AND CAPTAIN CHAIRS, HOW MUCH MORE SHOULD I HAVE SHELLED OUT, BY THE WAY I ADDED HEATED SEATS, REMOTE START, MEMORY SEATS, FOLDING MIRRORS, AUTO DIMMING MIRRORS, BACK UP CAMERA, 20" WHEELS, NAVIGATION (NEVER HAD PROBLEMS INPUTING ADDRESS IN MOTION), POWER PASSENGER SEAT(WITH UP AND DOWN NOT AVAILABLE ON ANY LAMBDA [USED MY DRIVER SEAT AS A PASSENGER SEAT]) BLUETOOTH, AUTOMATIC HVAC, REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, 120 POWER OUTLET, PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS AND TOWING. ALL FACTORY GM FROM OTHER LAMBDA'S AND FOR FAR LESS THAN WHAT GM WOULD HAVE CHARGED ME. MAYBE IN THE FUTURE I WILL ADD HUD, HEATED AND COOLED SEATS, HEATED WASHER, POWER HATCH, TELESCOPIC STEERING, HID HEADLIGHTS AND IF I GET BORED AND AMBITIOUS AWD ;D
Nice. Can you send me guide on how to take out the top of the dashboard on 2012 traverse

1 - 15 of 15 Posts