Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've watched a number of youtube videos on the Traverse and noticed two different button designs for the dashboard compartment over the A/C vents. Was there a mid-year design change or something? My car has a chrome inset slide latch, but many I saw in the videos which have a flush, panel-colored rectangular button.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe its the year of your Traverse. We have chrome inserts as well. Its an 09.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
heres what the slider looks like on my 2010

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
The design of the Traverse's compartment is different than the Acadia one, however the location and function are similar. With the push button one on the Acadia, there have been problems with the latch not opening. No real fix, just tapping the ild to get it to open. Some have had the whole component replaced and still are having the same issues.

You might be glad you have the slider type. Maybe that is the fix.

·
Registered
551 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
The design of the Traverse's compartment is different than the Acadia one, however the location and function are similar. With the push button one on the Acadia, there have been problems with the latch not opening. No real fix, just tapping the ild to get it to open. Some have had the whole component replaced and still are having the same issues.

You might be glad you have the slider type. Maybe that is the fix.
I noticed that when I test drove a 2010 model it had a different button then my 2009 but didnt know why. I bet that is their fix to the issue of it getting stuck at times.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
On the type of door like mine- the big chrome slider--- the door opens- the slider/locking mechanism stays put right where it is...

on the push button version- it appears the mechanism stays with the door.

·
Registered
38 Posts
rbarrios said:
My 09 LT has the slider style like that as well. Purchased in Jan 2009.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Slider on mine.

My guess is the ones you see in the youtube videos were pre-production models handed out to the media folks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought that, too, but a lot of the videos on youtube are done by car dealers either promoting the car or advertising a specific one. Some of these show the non-chrome push button as oposed to the chrome slider.

·
Registered
407 Posts
rbarrios said:
Oh wow, that is a very different button design....wonder if all the Lambdas got that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was getting a drink at a Sonic drive-in this afternoon and a Saturn Outlook pulled up in the space next to me. I glanced over and saw the same rectangular push button that I've seen in the early Traverses on youtube.

·
Registered
551 Posts
andylibby said:
I was getting a drink at a Sonic drive-in this afternoon and a Saturn Outlook pulled up in the space next to me. I glanced over and saw the same rectangular push button that I've seen in the early Traverses on youtube.
Love sonic's drinks..... thats all I have to add to this conversation :thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tiestosteele - me, too. I travel a lot and love to stop at Sonic for a Route 44 drink during "Happy Hour."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts