·
Registered
70 Posts
looks good, now all you need is running boards :happy:

·
Registered
161 Posts
A thing of beauty, she is![/color]

By coincidence, my local dealer just offered to sell me a Dark Cherry 1LT with back-up camera for about $28,200, which with TTL/fees would be about $31,000 out the door here on Long Island.

I'm tempted, but my wife still thinks that any bottom line number over $30,000 is too much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't forget about the tax deduction from sales tax, probably be at least 2700.00-2800.00 deduction....save you some taxes but prob still be above 30,000. Also if you are credit union member you get supplier price discount, for me it was additional 1500.00 added to other incentives. Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sonny320 said:
Don't forget about the tax deduction from sales tax, probably be at least 2700.00-2800.00 deduction....save you some taxes but prob still be above 30,000. Also if you are credit union member you get supplier price discount, for me it was additional 1500.00 added to other incentives. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Tax deduction??....is that something American?? I am in Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guapo said:
looks good, now all you need is running boards :happy:
Hm...will have to look at that...guess those should be put on by a dealer???...probably would have been cheaper if factory ordered too....??

·
Registered
70 Posts
DD,

So tell the sales man 30,000 out the door and see what he sayes. That is just about the best deal. IMHO. Comeon pull the trigger we know you want to. Take the wife over and let her drive it, she will love it trust me.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good reminder on the tax thing, Sonny! I'm looking forward to that deduction, BUT, you can't take it until next year, so it's not exactly instant gratification. :-\
I already had the supplier pricing through my company. I have mixed feelings on that, also, though.
I'm not knocking it -- it's a great discount, but I firmly believe in working my way down from invoice (give or take a couple hundred), sometimes starting with supplier pricing before taking off rebates/incentives still doesn't get you the best deal.

Wife has driven the Trav. Liked the handling and really loves the safety of the buffer space behind the third row when kids are in that seat. She was shocked at how small the vaunted Highlander's gap was there! But she feels the Trav is too big; not looking forward to parking it, going down narrow streets or backing that thing up.

Hey Medman -- what do ya think I've been telling all these salesfolk?
In fact, the closest one has come is $30,200 out the door for an LT1 w/camera.Only problem is that it's farther away than I want to go -- so far.
But I just got one who is much closer at $30,500, so I can see taking that one instead.
Really, all I'm waiting for is the possible added NY Auto Show bonus. Another $500 or so off will really make the difference.
You're right, I'm ready to get my new ride, dude!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What the **** is the matter with the CANADIAN gov't?? Absolutely NOTHING to stimulate canucks to buy vehicles....Hey I would love to writed off the taxes.... :angryfire:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts