Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an fyi... my wife discovered this week (after about 5 months of ownership and about 2500 miles) that whenever the backup camera's rearview mirror view is enabled in the mirror, she sees a "solid pencil-thin blue line running across the entire picture about 1/4 inch from the top of the picture. Looks like I will be scheduling an appointment. Dan, ever heard of this or the probable fix? Thanks, Jeff.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have that on mine but I think you'll find that's just an artifact caused by the camera being pointed at the sun. The line should track the sun and shouldn't be there if the sun's not in view. Haven't seen it with other bright lights but suppose that's a possibility.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Nice try though. She says that it happens all the time now - EVEN when she is fully backed into the garage with the rear bumper near the back wall of the garage (no windows or major light in the garage minus the dinky garage door opener light), the line remains there the whole time. And this only started this week. She has been backing into the garage since she bought the vehicle. Will let you know when I decide to schedule an appointment.

On the upside, I get to drive it to the dealer, get the dealer to shuttle me to and from the bus park and ride. I am so looking forward to my extra 30 minutes with the new ride in the coming weeks.

Thanks ramjet for making her think about it though. She actually paused before giving me the above reply.

·
Registered
994 Posts
t4me said:
(after about 5 months of ownership and about 2500 miles) .
Get driving that car! Jeff when are you gonna come north of the border? That would put a few more clicks on the odom.

Just got back from a cottage weekend and our Traverse rolled passed 3600 miles...one week short of 3 months.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the closest we are going to get is the Erie County Fair in our hometown of Hamburg NY around 08/19 or so. Here is hoping at least... if we do cross the border, I will let you know in advance. For now, I will savor that 15-30 minutes of driving or so.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I just replied to you just now. Wanted the wife to give you the best info possible.
Sorry for the delay. Just been busier then heck and really tired lately.

·
Registered
994 Posts
t4me said:
I think I just replied to you just now. Wanted the wife to give you the best info possible.
Sorry for the delay. Just been busier then heck and really tired lately.
Hey no problem. For sure I understand. Just wasnt sure if you had got it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry I have been busy at work and home trying to get caught up. I have not seen any problems with the mirrors they are using them in many vehicle now but I would take it back to your dealer and have them take a look at it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tec looked at it. Turned out the line is white and not blue in color. A new mirror has been ordered for me. They believe replacing the mirror will fix the issue. For what it is worth, they said this is the first Traverse brought in with a rear-view mirror rear-camera picture defect. Also for what it is worth, they were confused to see a Traverse with the camera view in the mirror and not in a Nav system. I told my advisor that if they want to upgrade me to a Nav config, I would not complain (if it makes it easier for the service department). Dan, never let it be said I wasn't willing to work with service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our "new" '09 has TWO lines across the rearview mirror LCD. We thought it was a point of reference ::) Checked with Sales Manager at the dealer...his has the same lines (at least that is what he told us).

We'll be making our first service trip next week I guess.

·
Registered
551 Posts
t4me said:
I told my advisor that if they want to upgrade me to a Nav config, I would not complain (if it makes it easier for the service department). Dan, never let it be said I wasn't willing to work with service.
I drove one with the camera in the mirror, I really liked it, thought it was easier to look at since you are looking in your mirror anyway. Yes the nav screen is bigger but you have to almost stop or slow down to look at it, while looking at it you have no idea what is going on around you. I wouldnt get rid of my nav back up, but it would be cool to have it display on both! :blob:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had the mirror replaced (screwdriver and a quick snap off/on - no need to make an appointment - verify that you can just stop in!). No lines and wife is happy. We will see how long it lasts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts