Traverse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Very cool! More info is definitely needed!

Reactions: Njtraverse

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dude wicked cool! I'm doing a muffler delete on my 2019 Redline hopefully next month!

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 10564

Any custom Traverse's out there that want to show off thier pics, or have tips?
I would like more pictures and info about your build. Here are a few pictures of my ‘20 Redline. Inspired by the A-Team Van, I’ve only done cosmetic changes and added an auto-stop disabler so far. I’m interested in learning more about other mods people have done, I can find very few mods available for the 2ndGen Traverse so far.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Car

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would like more pictures and info about your build. Here are a few pictures of my ‘20 Redline. Inspired by the A-Team Van, I’ve only done cosmetic changes and added an auto-stop disabler so far. I’m interested in learning more about other mods people have done, I can find very few mods available for the 2ndGen Traverse so far. View attachment 10600 View attachment 10601 View attachment 10602 View attachment 10604
Dude that's wicked cool! What tire shine are you using?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tinted my front windows with a premium ceramic tint to match the rest in darkness but I might go back and have the rest done to keep out the heat.

For performance mods, my understanding is the Lingefelter Tuning company is making a supercharger for the 2020 Blazer which uses the same V-6 as the 2nd gen Traverse. No one that I've seen can confirm if it'll work but it'd be cool to have. A guy in another thread said there's a company that makes a chip tune but idk much about that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dude that's wicked cool! What tire shine are you using?
Thanks! I use a few different dressings, just depends on my mood or how much effort I wanna put into the tires. Pretty sure I used the JaxWax Tire and Trim Gel the day I took these photos though. It’s a high gloss water based dressing I applied with a foam applicator (clean tires and applicator help give the best results).
Bottle Liquid Drinkware Fluid Glass bottle

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tinted my front windows with a premium ceramic tint to match the rest in darkness but I might go back and have the rest done to keep out the heat.

For performance mods, my understanding is the Lingefelter Tuning company is making a supercharger for the 2020 Blazer which uses the same V-6 as the 2nd gen Traverse. No one that I've seen can confirm if it'll work but it'd be cool to have. A guy in another thread said there's a company that makes a chip tune but idk much about that.
Right on. Supercharger with a mild tune and mild exhaust is really my desire. The traverse is still our family car and not intended to be a hot rod but I would like just a little more sport out of it. I think someone will eventually make a supercharger work as the engine is essentially the exact same 3.6 as the Camaro and Colorado with the exception of auto-stop features and the orientation of engine/driveline. I would like to acquire “the perfect exhaust note” and I have an idea in my head as to how I will try to get it but that’s not in the immediate future right now. Mostly sticking to cosmetics the first couple of years. Once the factory warranty expires I might start putting more effort into bigger performance mods.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks! I use a few different dressings, just depends on my mood or how much effort I wanna put into the tires. Pretty sure I used the JaxWax Tire and Trim Gel the day I took these photos though. It’s a high gloss water based dressing I applied with a foam applicator (clean tires and applicator help give the best results). View attachment 10614
I've heard of that shine. For me I usually use the Adam's Polishes Wheel and Tire Cleaner and a brush to get the tires clean and a foam soap on the painted rim with a microfiber wash mitt. This is the tire shine I use. Doesn't last terribly long but sure looks good. Chemical Guys also makes a Wheel Guard wax that works really well. Made the black rims shine! Foam applicator for the shine and the wax. Plus a microfiber towel to wipe the wax off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've heard of that shine. For me I usually use the Adam's Polishes Wheel and Tire Cleaner and a brush to get the tires clean and a foam soap on the painted rim with a microfiber wash mitt. This is the tire shine I use. Doesn't last terribly long but sure looks good. Chemical Guys also makes a Wheel Guard wax that works really well. Made the black rims shine! Foam applicator for the shine and the wax. Plus a microfiber towel to wipe the wax off.
View attachment 10616 View attachment 10617
The Maxcoat Wheel Guard is good stuff, that’s what I use on my wheels too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
View attachment 10616 View attachment 10617

I have. Web using the Adam’s Tire Shine for years. Works well and you can layer it for more shine.

Also I used the Adam’s Tire Armor, it’s super under rated. I really liked it and will get more when I am out of tire shine. Nothing sticks to the tire and any dust wipes off with no residue. Lasts about 3 weeks as well as long as it’s a good application. Only down side is it’s not a high gloss shine like you get with others. Cleaning is 2x faster though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts