Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Is it normal for the Traverse to be very "sluggish" when hitting the cruise control "resume" button? Last weekend i was on a trip from Muscat to Dubai, this is a "main" highway but has many roundabouts on it, i had cruise set at 127 klm/hr, after exiting these roundabouts at 40-50 each time it was very slow to get back up to about 120 klm/hr then it would downshift and gets itself in a hurry just for the final 7 klm/hr, i just find it strange as most autos i have owned are the opposite.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know about a Traverse in particular, as I've only had mine for less than a month.

However, I have owned Chevrolets all my life. This is about my 8th or 9th vehicle with Chevy, plus about 10 or 15 more I've driven on a regular basis.

That said, they have all seemed to do that if you are trying to engage cruise while at a significant difference from what you set it at initially.

I guess I can't really help you, because since the early 80's I've always gotten back up to close to speed before re-engaging cruise.

So yes, I have seen that behavior. After the first few times back in the 80's I got in the habit of regaining speed and then engaging cruise.

I can't really say if that is normal behavior these days as I guess I've been trained with old habits.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) Ditto I always get up to the speed that I was going before I reengage it never seen the need for the vehicle to decide how fast I was going to merge back into interstate traffic. I will check this out if there ever comes a time when I feel safe enough that the Vehicle is not just going to take off an plow into some one by resuming the preset speed to fast.

8) Steve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, I get that surge over the last 5mph before 60mph (but not every time). The dealer re-programmed the transmission but to no avail. I guess I will have to live with it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The cruse seems slow but you have more gears to work through to get back up to speed.

As for setting the cruse though this is the best system I have seen to date compared to all my past Chevy's

·
Registered
417 Posts
I don't feel safe letting a cruise control my speed up to highway speed. I always get up to speed before setting the cruise.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree with NARG, I get up close to highway speed before hitting resume.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys,
Thanks for your replies, the last car i had in Scotland before coming to live in Oman was a Jaguar and when you hit resume in it the car went mental and got up to the set speed real quick which was unsafe, i guess this may be a built in safety feature from Chevy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts