Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While having the cruise operational and desending a hill, the desend control kicks in and allow the trans to downshift to 4th gear ( in my Traverse). In the past, the trans would upshift again to 6th gear, once the terrain leveled out. Now, the trans will NOT upshift again within any reasonable time, today it took several miles of rolling along in 4th gear before the trans upshifted once again ..to 6th gear.

Has anyone encountered this and what was done at dealership level to correct the issue?

I have read about the trans being "reprogrammed", but don't know what the end result was .... after the reprogramming.

Any help is appreciated.

Bob

·
Registered
37 Posts
My LTZ did the same thing. Dealer reprogrammed it and it is much better. Still a little slow in upshifting at times but a definite improvement.

Bob

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobinvt said:
My LTZ did the same thing. Dealer reprogrammed it and it is much better. Still a little slow in upshifting at times but a definite improvement.

Bob
With the transmission reprogrammed, what have you noticed "different" with the shifting?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aside from the better upshifting on cruise there seems to be less uncertainty in low throttle shifts. Previously sometimes when going from coasting to light throttle it would feel like it went up a gear then right back down, kind of a bump bump. That appears to be gone.

Bob

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bobinvt said:
Aside from the better upshifting on cruise there seems to be less uncertainty in low throttle shifts. Previously sometimes when going from coasting to light throttle it would feel like it went up a gear then right back down, kind of a bump bump. That appears to be gone.

Bob
bobivt,

I appreciate your reply and comments on the shifting ....looks like I'll get mine in and get it reprogrammed .....besides the cruise control issue, just too much unnecessary shifting, IMHO. :eyebrow:

Anyone else have comments on their reprogrammed trannys?

Bob

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had mine reprogrammed a couple months ago. It made a noticeable difference. I even saw a slight MPG increase.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Narg said:
I had mine reprogrammed a couple months ago. It made a noticeable difference. I even saw a slight MPG increase.
After the reprogramming, what did you notice differently about the shifting, etc?

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts