Traverse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a difference in the digital readout speed (information center) when you first set the cruise control compared to the actual speedometer reading? I notice that the actual vehicle speed is 1-2 MPH higher than the set/displayed cruise speed even after driving a mile or two on flat pavement. I verified with a GPS that the speedometer reading was accurate (I hope so). I have an 09 Traverse 2LT.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yup...speedometer is higher than digital cruise display....don't think it matters....

medman :beer:

·
Registered
551 Posts
It caught me off guard when it showed the speed, didnt know it did that. Very cool I thought. Never really looked that hard to see if it was off 1 or 2 mph's, not really a big deal to me.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
I noticed on my 2010- that what was shown on the DIC (cruise) matched the needle on the cluster...(60 MPH).

Ill test again at other speeds.

·
Registered
47 Posts
my 09 matches. They might not match when i push the button but the speedo settles to the number on the DIC after a couple of seconds or the acceleration is done on a resume.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 09 is off by 1 MPH. I decided to check it using my GPS and it matches the cruise control reading not the speedometer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine is off by 1 or 2. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Interesting. Experience with numerous brands over the years shows that speed varies in CC mode.
It can go over on downhills until controlled by the car shifting down ( that one surprised me) and under on up hills until prompted to accelerate.
Then there was the rental overseas with adaptive cruise control that adjusted the speed to maintain a safe distance from the car in front up to the set CC speed. A fantastic feature that Is a must IMHO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most car speedos are usually out by about 7-8 mph at motorway speeds,4-5mph at lower speeds.I have noticed this on all the cars ive driven compared to a gps reading.
From what I have gathered they are set this way from the factory by the manufacturers mainly to stop any disputes over speeding convictions from drivers who might say their speedo was inaccurate.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Deping said:
Most car speedos are usually out by about 7-8 mph at motorway speeds,4-5mph at lower speeds.I have noticed this on all the cars ive driven compared to a gps reading.
From what I have gathered they are set this way from the factory by the manufacturers mainly to stop any disputes over speeding convictions from drivers who might say their speedo was inaccurate.
GM's calibration is 3% error. 60 MPH = 1.8 MPH error.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts