Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just got a 2016 new to us Traverse LT2. Love it so far, ive had it 2 weeks and put 1500 miles on it. (ran up the coast to visit some family)

On the way back I noticed the Resume / + cruise control button would stick if you didn't press the very top of it. Has anyone pulled one apart to clean it? Ill have the dealer look at it at the next oil change but its too small of a problem to make a special trip over there.

Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
If I had this issue, I would use a small squirt bottle- and squirt ALCOHOL- on it while pushing on the button to try to undo what ever is gumming it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rbarrios said:
If I had this issue, I would use a small squirt bottle- and squirt ALCOHOL- on it while pushing on the button to try to undo what ever is gumming it up.
Rubbing alcohol ok? or something like denatured?

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
good question....

Ive used the one we have at home... for cuts etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
rubbing alcohol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I just got a 2016 new to us Traverse LT2. Love it so far, ive had it 2 weeks and put 1500 miles on it. (ran up the coast to visit some family)

On the way back I noticed the Resume / + cruise control button would stick if you didn't press the very top of it. Has anyone pulled one apart to clean it? Ill have the dealer look at it at the next oil change but its too small of a problem to make a special trip over there.

Just happened to me. 2017 Traverse, had it 2 weeks now. Finishing work, 2nd shift, driving home. Set speed limit at 65, I know how cruise control is supposed to work, I have another 2012 Traverse. I was passing a car, then it accelerated to 100 mph, pumped the brakes 2 times, it would not disengage, until the 3rd brake pump, I saw John Candy, from planes, trains and automobiles. So I trouble shooter the rest of the way home, found out, if you slap it in neutral it should also disengage. However, definitely a dealer visit after this, or someone from OnStar is having fun with me. Thanks Guardian Angels... Whew ... .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Happened to me too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts