Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Traverse with ~45k miles on it.

Wife was pulling into the driveway and heard a loud crack noise what she described under the floorboard. Poked my head under the car and could not find anything obvious. Attached is our driveway camera and the "crack"noise as she pulls in. Any ideas? No dash codes and seems to drive fine afterwards.

Note- it does look like in the video the front end hits the driveway but it does not.

·
Registered
2019 Premier FWD
79 Posts
It looks to me like it makes the sound as the right front tire hits the driveway bump. I would suspect something in the suspension/control arms/ball joints. It would be hard to see any problems with those from a quick look under the vehicle. You may want to find some bumpy area and drive it through there and try to replicate the sound, or maybe some speed bumps hit at the same angle. Then jack it up and see if anything seems loose on the front right wheel area.

-RandyMan

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Im with Randy.
Control arm bushings and its nuts/bolts is 1st thing that came to mind when i heard it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could it be the sway bar being disconnected and hitting the bottom of the vehicle as the suspension compresses under the load?
Edit:
After watching the video too many times, look for a broken coil spring maybe...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts