Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great site, I'm learning a bunch of stuff here:

Admin/Owners,

Is it possible to start a maintainance forum here. I'm shocked that I don't see one, am I missing it?

It would include posts by users such as tune up info, brake jobs, differental fluid change, radiator flush, battery swap, and other mechanical electrical, or maintainance tasks.

A great way to save users some money would be a good DIY maintanance section where users could post articles/instructions and pics of the maintainance repairs and upgrades they have done to a specific section...

Not to mention it would boost membership and traffic into the site.

Thanks

Kg

A

·
0 Posts
Good idea; for now though as the Traverse is still covered under the manufacturer's B2B warranty; there won't be too much to talk about. As the vehicle matures; I think more and more people will be looking for "shade tree" maintenance procedures

·
Registered
994 Posts
AA/78U said:
Good idea; for now though as the Traverse is still covered under the manufacturer's B2B warranty; there won't be too much to talk about.
Many of the maintenance items that could be done by DIYers wouldnt be covered in a B2B warranty e.g. brake job, rad flush, oil change, tire rotation etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are already quite a few DIY threads in the various TEch sections. I would suggest copying them over (Not moving - so people can find them in both areas) to the new maintenance area.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I might mention that the front-drive Traverse doesn't have a differential to change fluid in. Also, I'm not sure what a tuneup would look like in today's modern electronic ignition systems. But, admittedly there are areas that need attention and various items and fluids that need checking or changing from time to time.

·
Registered
426 Posts
blue- AA and I can move threads into the new Maintenance board as time permits. When you move a thread here, it creates a "thread moved link" placeholder in the old location.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I cannot stress enough how much I like this site, lots of great info here and It's always comforting to hear stories about other owner's experiences.

copperbeech said:
Many of the maintenance items that could be done by DIYers wouldnt be covered in a B2B warranty e.g. brake job, rad flush, oil change, tire rotation etc.
Exactly! PM and maintanance items, changing the plugs, diff fluid and other things need to be done, and sometimes are really easy to accomplich. Not only can a well written DIY article tell you what to do it can also tell you which way is the easiest, things to look out for, include step by step procedures with pictures, and what tools you'll need to have beforehand.

I recently did a service on my wife's MDX that would have cost about $1300, and it cost me about $250! Everything that I did in that service I learned from the DIY section in an Acura Forum...it saved me a grand and took about 5hrs! "Now that's the power of pine sol baby!"

kg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this and thought it might be helpful....

paulstravelpictures.c0m/Articles/GM-Chevrolet-Traverse-Repair-Maintenance-Guides

·
Registered
350 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts