Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a Conversation Mirror for a 2010 Traverse? This is one thing I REALLY wanted in my new car. My husband INSISTED that we could get one that would work at any auto parts store (I think he was just saying that because I was leaning towards the Toyota Highlander and he wanted the Traverse). He has now conceded that he was WRONG. The only thing we've been able to find is one that sticks off to the right of the rear view mirror, but it is quite large and unwieldy and I don't want to get it unless it is my only option. I would like something smaller and less obtrusive that attaches below the rear view mirror. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
is that one of those mirrors that allows you to see almost everything to the rear of you?
Ive seen those alot--- out here in Los Angeles-- in cities that have large Asian populations... for some reason they like putting those mirrors on-- they essentially fit over the factory mirror....
But im not sure if they use them as conversation mirrors or to see out the back

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Melmo said:
Does anyone know where I can get a Conversation Mirror for a 2010 Traverse? This is one thing I REALLY wanted in my new car. My husband INSISTED that we could get one that would work at any auto parts store (I think he was just saying that because I was leaning towards the Toyota Highlander and he wanted the Traverse). He has now conceded that he was WRONG. The only thing we've been able to find is one that sticks off to the right of the rear view mirror, but it is quite large and unwieldy and I don't want to get it unless it is my only option. I would like something smaller and less obtrusive that attaches below the rear view mirror. Any ideas? Thanks!
I have no idea as to what a conversation mirror may be ....would you enlighten me?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't know about you, but I don't want to have a conversation, in my car, with a mirror.

The one in my bathroom is bad enough. "Oh my, aren't you tubby this morning!" "Another all-you-can-eat buffet last night?" "Are you really going to wear that?"

·
Registered
72 Posts
Haha. Im Japanese and in Hawaii there are plenty more asians. Those huge mirrors are rarely seen here.

Yeah, and the mirrors can be cruel sometimes

>:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one that rbarrios posted of the Honda is like what I am looking for. It allows you to see the kids in the backseat without having to turn around every time they say "Look at this, mommy". And you can make sure they aren't beating their younger siblings over the head. It is like having eyes in the back of your head.

·
Registered
248 Posts
??? Do they even make theses for a traverse?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have yet to find one, at least not one that will work. I bought a cheap one on Amazon that is supposed to sit below your rearview mirror, but since the Traverse has the OnStar mirror, it is much larger than a regular rearview mirror (depth wise at the base, which is where it is supposed to attach) so it will not fit. I will keep looking!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Go to Walmart and look in the car parts area for Kid Rear Seat mirrors. They're original intention was for soccer moms to watch the kids in the back seat.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) My thought is if you are going to install one I would want it to look factory not like Wally World or some place like that would sell.

15 Posts
I really like this feature. I'd like to see this combined with the overhead sunglasses holder, making dual use of the same space. Press on the faceplate to release the latch and the faceplate swings down to reveal the mirror, stopping at the appropriate point. But then you can pull the faceplate down to full extension, revealing the sunglasses cubby behind/inside it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thermonuclear_Cookiedough said:
I really like this feature. I'd like to see this combined with the overhead sunglasses holder, making dual use of the same space. Press on the faceplate to release the latch and the faceplate swings down to reveal the mirror, stopping at the appropriate point. But then you can pull the faceplate down to full extension, revealing the sunglasses cubby behind/inside it.
I'd buy that for sure, but it doesn't sound like there's one out there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When my kids were young, and I was really curious, I'd use the vanity mirror to see the back seat. Usually works better with articulated visor that moves in more than up and down, but pivots.

Vetmann
10 Traverse Travelers Ed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
babies r us has them...

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just what the modern driver needs - another distraction!!!! Maybe a rear view camera can be installed on the mirror and a 20" LCD screen put on dash so we can keep track of who's talking behind us???

Sorry. I guess this sounded sorta crabby!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kemosabe said:
Just what the modern driver needs - another distraction!!!! Maybe a rear view camera can be installed on the mirror and a 20" LCD screen put on dash so we can keep track of who's talking behind us???

Sorry. I guess this sounded sorta crabby!
Also missing the point. The OP wants one so as to reduce the distraction of having to turn around to deal with kids while driving.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts