Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/consumer-reports-highest-scoring-american-cars#11

The Traverse is one of GM's capable large, car-based three-row SUVs. It has a spacious and quiet interior, with a third-row seat that's roomy enough to accommodate adults. Seating for eight is available. In our tests, the smooth and refined 3.6-liter V6 returned 16 mpg overall. The six-speed automatic sometimes hesitates to downshift when needed, but a freshening for 2013 seems to have improved that. Handling is responsive and secure, and the Traverse steers nicely. The ride is taut yet comfortable and steady. Rear visibility isn't great, but clever extra mirrors reduce side blind spots.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Here's the rest of the report card. OK, but not quite so glowing:
Ratings Report Card - LT V6

Predicted reliability - Average Fuel economy - Worse
Owner satisfaction - Average Acceleration - Above average
Predicted depreciation - Average Ride - Above averge
Accident avoidance - Average Front seat comfort - Above average
Crash protect w/wo side air bag - NA Owner Costs - Below average

·
Registered
616 Posts
ya, that fuel economy thing....

·
Registered
538 Posts
Worse rating for fuel economy but it is the largest crossover suv in its class. For its size I dont think its that bad.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I owned a Honda Accord prior to the Traverse, fuel economy was good when I wasn't heavy on the pedal, so with that being said the Traverse is the same way. It's all relative to the driver, I'm happy with my fuel economy.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Not sure what classifies this as a "large" SUV like a Tahoe, Suburban, etc. I thought it was a mid-sized SUV (or CUV) similar to the Jeep Grand Cherokee, so I don't quite understand CR's categorization here.

Anyway, I'll take the extra room over fuel economy as we need the extra room without stepping into a Tahoe and worse mileage. We're managing advertised mileage or better, especially in the warmer months. And last I checked, none of the real Traverse competitors (Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, Mazda CX-9) matched the Traverse in cargo room behind the 3rd row seat (when it's up) or with any of the seats folded down.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We traded in a 2000 Ford Windstar that was getting 13 City and 20 Highway.
Our Traverse is getting 16.5 City (suburbs) and 24 on our recent 1,400 mile Boulder trip.
Very happy with those numbers considering its size.

·
Registered
857 Posts
HiFlyer said:
Very happy with those numbers considering its size.
+1 :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts