Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice it and how bad it is on these cars?
I mean REALLY bad! The car feels like it's all over the place on grooved concrete.

I went to grab dinner in the wife's '22 Traverse (1,300 miles on it) and was like "yikes!".....it just feels so sketchy.

If you're in southeast Michigan, I'm referring to the concrete on the newer part of I-96 (east of I-275) and also on I-275 just south of I-96/696 for example.

It really makes this car feel unstable and like it's in a death wobble or something, instead of planted.
My Pacifica doesn't remotely do it as bad as the Traverse.

I do wonder if it's the OEM Bridgestone (18") tires contributing though?

If you don't know what I'm talking about:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'22 here as well. Nashville has some concrete/grooved roads and driving on them felt like what you describe.
First thing I did, on the second day of ownership, was to get rid of the brand new Bridgestone tires the car came with.
There were doubts that my driving impression was biased. Usually, I gravitate towards the Michelin brand. Looking at tirerack reviews - not much appreciation for OEM tire choice.

Replaced with Pirelli Scorpion AS - night and day difference in ride, handling and planted feel.

In general, I am very impressed with the suspension tuning of the Traverse. I compare it to the way my F30 handles on small roads. I continue to wonder how did GM make such long and wide wheel base and weight handle so well.
So swapping to the Pirellis eliminated that feeling?

I had my doubts on the Bridgestones, as they suck in rain too (hydroplaning). This is our 4th Gen 2 Traverse and second one with the "newer" Bridgestone Alenza AS 02 tires versus the 2 other/earlier Traverses having Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires.
The wife drives it and has never complained, but I've never liked the feeling of either of the OEM 18" Bridgestones when I drive it.

But the tires were "free" (included) and it's a lease. I'm just not sure if it's worth it to upgrade them or not.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agree. Not good - 2022 Redline. Our Explorer was the same - not as bad - but not good either. Has to be the tires. I find the traverse steering sensitive also. So a bad combo for sure. Its rare i drive on roads grooved like that however.
There aren't that many grooved roads around here, but when we do have to drive on them....it's just a uneasy/sketchy feeling though.
Shockingly, I've never seen anyone else mention it on these forums though and I've been around here since 2018. But I'm gonna agree that it probably is the Bridgestones.

Which tires do you have on your Redline, btw?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts