·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Expensive damages to repair for sure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Seems all cosmetic so far, all the lights still work and what not, no airbag deployments, but that light is scuffed up pretty bad, and the dented body panels and broken trim... Yeah, I am looking forward to the bill...

Honestly, what I'm dreading the most is the possibility of other crap now starting to go wrong as a side effect. Lots of electronics, wires, sensors, etc that got jostled around. Also, the heads-up collision detector thing didn't sound during this incident.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I would bet the damages will end up close to $3000 easy. With the parts alone just a bumper can cost close to $1000 and the rest plus a repaint on the fender, hood etc. A claim for the insurance for sure. I hope it was not a hit and run. Good luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, no hit-n-run. Other driver was cited. Teen driver that is now learning a valuable life lesson.

This irritates me to no end, the body shop will bend and hammer things back into place, sand and fill and paint and ... nothing will be the same as it was before. I'm going to try and insist that all affected parts be replaced with new components, but I don't know if you can get hoods, bumpers, fenders, etc from the factory already painted the exact same as the vehicle. Honestly never been in this situation before so I'm afraid I'm going to get screwed over.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, if you're having your insurance cover it, you just have to tell the adjuster and the shop that you want OEM only, as least in NYS that is your right. They'll try for aftermarket or the used, seconds parts. In either way, unless you're paying for it, the shop is going to be replacing that bumper, fender, quarter panel maybe, the hood perhaps and will either paint it all themselves with a blending or send it to another shop to paint it for them.

The shop will take it apart and check for any other damages and repairs needed, come up with the costs and paint needed, plus the time to repair. Again, if you have collision, your insurance will pay this, minus your deductible, but the shops usually work with you on the deductible from you.

As for the HUD pop-up, the person that cut you off, without knowing the full extent of what happened, was probably just out of view of the camera and was too sudden. A lot of stories you hear online that AEB systems that use cameras, the blind spots are the corners of the vehicle, not enough time to register a vehicle or object and stop the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to have the other party's insurance cover it, I don't want to put a claim on mine.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If you claim on your insurance your next renewal will probably skyrocket.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I hope your wife is okay and that things get repaired to your satisfaction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
CouponOutlet

i have been doing back linking on various brands which are such as anthropologie, mountain steals , betabrand & many others but i am stuck in conspiracy how would i know that back link has given the authority to the brand can somebody guide me with this problem for further check visit couponoutlet.com which is the site i am doing back link on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was in a collision just over a year ago in my 2016 LTZ and it was considered a total loss. The other driver was at-fault but I still initiated a claim with my insurance and my rates have not went up (pretty sure they subrogated with the other person's insurance).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm going to have the other party's insurance cover it, I don't want to put a claim on mine.
I don't understand this? Perhaps our insurance in Ontario works differently. Each driver has their own insurance and you can ONLY make a claim on your own policy. The insurance company deems a level of fault (In your case the other driver is 100% at fault)

Here if the other driver is 100% at fault then you don't pay your deductible, your insurance premiums do not increase, and your insurance company goes to the other insurance company looking for reimbursement.

My last vehicle before the Traverse, 2017 GMC Acadia, was involved in (3) claims in the 24 months that we owned it, our premiums NEVER went up and we paid no deductibles.

1) at 11 days old it was rear ended. That was $12,000.00 (hatch, tail lights, bumper cover, parking sensors, side panels, ect)
2) at 18 months, I hit a woman who ran a stop sign, damage was almost identical to your picture. That was another 12,000.00 (hood, bumper cover, headlight, radiator, fender, door, ect)
3) tree fell on it, written off with over $32,000.00 early estimate damage, needed a new roof, seats, nearly every body panel, brake booster, ect and they opted to replace the entire vehicle for $60K and I choose the Traverse instead of a 2019 Acadia

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't understand this? Perhaps our insurance in Ontario works differently. Each driver has their own insurance and you can ONLY make a claim on your own policy. The insurance company deems a level of fault (In your case the other driver is 100% at fault)

Here if the other driver is 100% at fault then you don't pay your deductible, your insurance premiums do not increase, and your insurance company goes to the other insurance company looking for reimbursement.
Yeah, here the police make a report, issue a citation, etc, and give each party the other party's insurance information. Then we contact our own insurance, followed by theirs. Once the insurance companies do their investigation and deem fault the party at fault covers the damages through their insurance policy. In my case the other party's insurance is covering for my repairs and rental car. I started a claim on mine in case the other party was going to take too long but I don't have to follow through with that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got my Traverse back and the repair is good. They couldn't use aftermarket parts because as of now none exist for this vehicle. So there you go. Final bill was right around $6000.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts