Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my fellow Canadians from the prairie provinces would consider this balmy but this is the coldest we have seen this winter:

(for my American friends -21C is approximately -6F)

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Traverse is always parked in the driveway and my wife's commuter car gets protection in the garage. In any event the Traverse started immediately...I am thinking that 0W30 in the sump was helpful today :thumb:.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Nice, I had -11 a couple of weeks ago. It sat in that for 3 days before using it and it fired right up. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
holy moly- I just looked at my temp- and it was 82 degrees on the freeway....
And I was having a BBQ yesterday.

·
Registered
718 Posts
copperbeech said:
-11F is very cold. Where are you located to get low?
I was in northern MN at the time. It's been -30 up there a few times I've been up there.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rbarrios said:
holy moly- I just looked at my temp- and it was 82 degrees on the freeway....
And I was having a BBQ yesterday.
Winter weather doesnt negate a bbq for us, only that we dont eat it outside :eek:hno:....in fact I bbq'd last night and will again this evening.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
the happy moment about the BBQ- was that I gave one of our dogs a last 'feast' of 'carne asada'. he ate some. not alot. but he ate.
he passed this morning.

once the sun went down- the mosquitos came out...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rbarrios said:
he passed this morning.
I am very sorry to hear this. Of course this life event is always hard for us humans.

·
Registered
150 Posts
rbarrios said:
the happy moment about the BBQ- was that I gave one of our dogs a last 'feast' of 'carne asada'. he ate some. not alot. but he ate.
he passed this morning.

once the sun went down- the mosquitos came out...
BTV tapping in here <a rare occasion for me lately>. I'm truly sorry for your loss RBarrios. It must have been a tough day for you and your family.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
one he started to go downhill-- I was treating him to a much as he would take. scratching his head etc.
Poor little guy- was so exhausted.
Thanks.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Warm one on my drive in this morning, the pic is from the mirror in my truck. Twin Cities Metro area MN.

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is verry cold. We should have an on going temp competition i.e. who can show the coldest and also warmest (for you rbarrios ;)) temp from the DIC of a Traverse.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can't post pictures of our Enclave DIC since it is not my DD but the NWS said it was -29°F here in the southern suburbs of Minneapolis this morning.

Brrrr.....

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
it was real chilly this morning in Los Angeles.
When I hopped in the freeway- my DIC said 60. this was at 7:30 am. its now 68.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hope you have your mitts and toque with you...just in case you have car trouble and can't find shelter from the elements :p.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rbarrios said:
it was real chilly this morning in Los Angeles.
When I hopped in the freeway- my DIC said 60. this was at 7:30 am. its now 68.
:happy: You call that cold!? Here in Minnesota this morning, I started my Traverse at -23... try that for a change! haha

·
Registered
718 Posts
chad112 said:
:happy: You call that cold!? Here in Minnesota this morning, I started my Traverse at -23... try that for a change! haha
When it gets in the teens here the beginning of next week it's t-shirt weather :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cool this morning in southern MN. this morning and I will be there tomorrow. My son, who lives there sent this to me as I live in SoCal.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts