Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a major imbalance in the floor heating in these things? As I'm getting up to temp in the cabin my right foot is sweating with my left a block of ice. Anyone done anything to make it better. Mines an 09 but this is the first winter in it.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I just sort of move my left foot closer to the heated area- bend at knee- tucked towards the center console.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try cranking up a bit of rear heat. Mine seems to warm up the cabin more evenly if the rear is also on. Maybe an airflow thing?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've been using the rear heat on the really cold days too. I agree it helps. I need to crawl under the dash and see how they routed the ducting. I'm sure it's a design thing, or maybe they routed something over the duct in the factory they shouldn't have. IDK. I'll look. Was just curious if anyone else was seeing the same thing. sounds like no.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
i drove last night- with no shoes--- and turned on the heat---
the air blows out and towards the gas pedal/foot on the pedal...

thats what it felt like--- and any leftover heated air will make its way to the left foot---
but the rt foot becomes nice and toasty---

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is very interesting, so last night, while I was driving home, I put my left foot in,.... then I put my left foot out,.... and then shake it all about, I did the hokey pokey........ lol............................... Sorry guys, I just had to!!!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
red426 said:
This is very interesting, so last night, while I was driving home, I put my left foot in,.... then I put my left foot out,.... and then shake it all about, I did the hokey pokey........ lol............................... Sorry guys, I just had to!!!
Now that made me really chuckle ! Thanks !

Bob

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
splat10 said:
Anyone else have a major imbalance in the floor heating in these things? As I'm getting up to temp in the cabin my right foot is sweating with my left a block of ice. Anyone done anything to make it better. Mines an 09 but this is the first winter in it.

Thanks
Perhaps you have poor circulation in the "ice block foot". :happy:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i looked at what's going on under there and there is no duct at all under the dash. All the heat comes from the grill in the center console next to the gas pedal. That explains the problem. Never had a car without ducting under the dash. Not sure it's a good design.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts