Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2020 Chevrolet Traverse LS
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking to install a cold air intake on my 2020 traverse but I鈥檝e had zero luck finding anything. Everything I find only goes up to a 2017 so if anyone knows something I don鈥檛 know I would really appreciate the help 馃馃徎

Registered
2020 High Country
You already have a cold air intake. Save your money, aftermarket ''super duper kits'' just suck in hot under hood air and dirt into your motor.
Money is better spent on a tune.
Stock airbox flows more air than the stock heads and exhaust can handle.

Registered
You already have a cold air intake. Save your money, aftermarket ''super duper kits'' just suck in hot under hood air and dirt into your motor.
This is all true.

If you are looking for the sound, you could do a custom setup with a conical filter on it but it is a real challenge to get to the same IATs the stock airbox provides.

Registered
2020 Chevrolet Traverse LS
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That鈥檚 only if you don鈥檛 keep the filter clean from what I read up on them but my main thing was just to give the car a bit of sound since it鈥檚 so quiet and the aftermarket air intake gives off that airplane sound but your right it will probably do more damage to the engine in the long run.

Registered
I've heard a couple of GM 3.6's that have really mild exhausts that sound really good. That might be a better option because in my experience intakes don't pair well with automatics, when the automatic lugs the engine in low gear the resonant drone can be painful.

Reactions: c&wsinbad and YM16
1 - 5 of 5 Posts