Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ran into this Ebay ad for a Ground Zero (never heard of them) Cold Air InTake for the Traverse.

Now the question is who will be first to try one?? I put a Volant CAI on my 07 Tahoe and the dealer service guys didn't have a problem with it, but I think they would if I showed up with this mounted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/09-10-CHEVY-TRAVERSE-AIR-INTAKE-cold-2008-2010-wheels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem41493e4eb6QQitemZ280401694390QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
381 Posts
The add says stock intakes are too restrictive, so apparenty this intake adds more flow. The question is how does it do this? If it is because the filter had larger pore sizes, that will also allow more particles to pass that may damage the engine. If the particulate filtration is the same, go for it with the knowledge that there would be an "out" for GM/Chevy not to pay a warranty claim.

I would think that the vehicle's engineers would have already tested the intake to best maximize the performance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I question the "Cold Air" part of that item. First the pipe is metal and metal holds onto heat and second, that thing is taking air from under the hood. We all know that the under the hood temps can get pretty hot. To be a true cold ait intake, the pipes should be plastic and should get the air from down under the vehicle, where the cold air is. I would pass on this.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
look at all that hot air it sucks in..... nothing cold about that-- except on the cold engine start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be careful of this system....If it were a K&N, AEM, or S&B brand system I would say go for it. These company put the time and research into all there products and their filters meet or exceed factory standards for filtering. With this company, like someone else mentioned, you do not know if the system will filter properly.

Keep us posted if you find another brand because I'm look for someone that manufactures a good system for my 2010.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts