Traverse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is regarding the coin holder tray that covers the deep bin below the center armrest. It's my understanding that the tray was standard with your Lambda. How many of you have set it aside, just using the bin without the tray?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
very interesting question.
Im curious to see how many DO NOT use it.

I ordered one (I have a HOW TO coin Holder)...
and I swear-- thats one of the MOST used items in my Traverse. I use it everyday.
Im always throwing coins in there.
I also have a small bottle of hand cleaner and a small bottle of eyeglass cleaner along with its small cleaning rag.
In the storage area I have napkins, flashlight, one of those old school tazers, knife, and other stuff.

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=613.0

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I use the tray all the time. Although I will admit I just found out within the past couple weeks that there was a larger compartment beneath it. ::)

·
Registered
718 Posts
No tray in the 2011 and I'm glad as it would just have been pulled out anyway. It would not have been used.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Use mine all the time...very handy and conceals the compartment below. Remember, out of sight out of mind and maybe in a theft, underneath wouldn't be noticed.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
Use mine all the time...very handy and conceals the compartment below. Remember, out of sight out of mind and maybe in a theft, underneath wouldn't be noticed.
agreed....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought and use one. My thought was if Chevy didn't include them because GM found that people were removing them.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It was the first thing I added to mine, but not without grumbling to the sales mgr abbot cheap it was on Chevy's part for that item not to be included. I use it every day.

·
Registered
150 Posts
First thing I ordered also... We find it very handy for often used items like change, pens, stuff like that. Bulkier and less often used things like extra napkins, chewing gum (mostly the wife's stuff I guess) go in the bottom part.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Old thread but...
My 2013 came with the tray. I use it for Church keys and my clip on sunglasses.
Also a few coins. ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
mine did not have it when I looked at it at the dealer, but mentioned it to the salesperson and it was put in, I barely use it, I have a small flashlight in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't realize this was even available. I bought my 2010 Outlook used, I wonder if the rental car company that owned it prior to me removed it. Sounds like a handy item to have.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
I dont recall if it was standard on the Outlook.
But I think it came with the Acadia and Enclave.

Traverse owners had to buy it.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
GTeton said:
I didn't realize this was even available. I bought my 2010 Outlook used, I wonder if the rental car company that owned it prior to me removed it. Sounds like a handy item to have.
rbarrios said:
I dont recall if it was standard on the Outlook.
But I think it came with the Acadia and Enclave.

Traverse owners had to buy it.
It was with my 07 Outlook when we purchased it. I presume it was standard.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Added the coin tray and a cargo net to my new (to me) 2012 Traverse.
There is still room in the center console for the GPS and friction base under the tray too! :)

Next up is Ventvisors and conversion of the interior lights to LED

1 - 18 of 18 Posts