Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, while sitting at a red light my 09 Traverse LTZ (6000 miles) engine shut off. When restarted it said engine power reduced and would not go faster than 10 miles an hours. I got to side of the road shut it off. Restarted again fired up just fine, but now the check engine light is on. Got it home and these codes came up P0642, P0192, and P0193. I’m going to the dealer tomorrow. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

A

·
0 Posts
Did a quick Google search for the codes and it looks like some sort of fuel rail issue; which makes sense since the vehicle is shutting down. I am thinking maybe a high pressure fuel pump is having an issue; let us know what the dealer says especially if the fuel pump is dying

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
the 3 codes- are Generic- Powertrain Trouble codes.... (as in none are GM specific).

P0642 Sensor Reference Voltage "A" Circuit Low
P0192 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Low
P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is what the dealer said after waiting 3 hours:

P0642, P0192, & P0193 codes were stored in history - - found PIT4946 relating to code- - - inspected harness near stud on RF floor pan - - no concern there - - - checked all harnesses related to 5V ref. #1 could not find any harness chaffing causing shorting - - cleared codes - test drove and codes did not reset.

The service manager told me, maybe it got to hot and if it happens again to pull over shut it off for 30 seconds and restart it. It should not leave me stranded!

This was very frustrating!!!! :mad:

Oh well seem to be running ok now. :)

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
it sounds like this issue on an Enclave-
he has pics of the chaffed wire...

I think they may be related since you say the RF area- around a stud...
his was the RF too.

if you look at his pics--- theres a pic of a stud- and a chaffed wire.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=6392.0

A

·
0 Posts
I guess the dealer's explanation is plausible although a little fishy to me; keep us updated if the problem happens again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
I'm the 2009 Buick Enclave owner with the same problem. Sorry I don't believe your dealer-they just can't isolate it. Did your car stall when someone was in the front passenger seat? thats what happened to me three times. Did your dealer call GM tech services. The first dealership I took my car too gave me a line like that and never called gm tech services. My second dealership (where I bought the car) was persistient and got it solved with GM tech help. There are other reported cases where the fuel pump wire was shorting elsewhere. Is your fuel pump fuse blowing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
They removed the bad wire and sautered (sp?) in a new one. They also replaced the soft rubber tube which tore that protects wires with a hard plastic one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics. I had my whole family in car wife in the passenger seat. No fuses blowen yet. Going to pick up some today.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
68freek said:
Here is what the dealer said after waiting 3 hours:

P0642, P0192, & P0193 codes were stored in history - - found PIT4946 relating to code- - - inspected harness near stud on RF floor pan - - no concern there - - - checked all harnesses related to 5V ref. #1 could not find any harness chaffing causing shorting - - cleared codes - test drove and codes did not reset.

The service manager told me, maybe it got to hot and if it happens again to pull over shut it off for 30 seconds and restart it. It should not leave me stranded!

This was very frustrating!!!! :mad:

Oh well seem to be running ok now. :)

Yep, that service managers story does not have much validity. Had he contacted the GM tech center, you would not have received such an answer.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts