Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post, so here goes.
Has anyone had a code P0191 come up and if so what was the problem?
The code said it could be fuel pressure low- fuel pump defective-
fuel pressure regulator defective-
replace fuel filter-
replace fuel rail pressure sensor-

When I had this checked, the stabilitrak and traction control, and check engine light came on, and I had lost of power. After I pulled over and turn the car off for 5 minutes, I started the car up and only the check engine light was on and I had regular power.
I also had my battery and alternator checked and it show my battery wasn"t working right and the alternator was shooting out more volts than it should.
So I replaced my battery yesterday, and had it and the alternator scanned again and it said the charging system was ok.
So today the traction control light and engine light came on again so I had it scanned and it came up P0191.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after a couple more episodes of loss of power of my Traverse, I took it to the Chevy dealer to have it scanned. They said it was the high pressure fuel pump and it would be covered under the powertrain warranty.
So after 5 days it is still working like it should.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
thanks for the info.
I had not seen this post... dont know how I missed it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2009 Chevy traverse. Not too long after I had bought it, I was driving and all of a sudden it would not go over 15 mph. It was very loud! And every light that you could imagine was on! Even that stabilitrak. I took it to the shop and it just ended up being a throttle body sensor!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts