Traverse Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 brand new Traverse. After the first few weeks I noticed a clicking noise (almost like a loud fan noise) whenever the car is running. You can hear it more from inside then when the the hood is open....any ideas? Driving me crazy!

·
Registered
2020 High Country
827 Posts
Take it in and get it checked. No noise in my '20.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
High pressure fuel pump. Maybe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 brand new Traverse. After the first few weeks I noticed a clicking noise (almost like a loud fan noise) whenever the car is running. You can hear it more from inside then when the the hood is open....any ideas? Driving me crazy!
did you take it back? did you find out what it was? mine is making a noise as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I would like to know what came of this as my new 2021 is making the exact same sound. We have about 6000 Kilometres on ours and that sound has been there throughout. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
the purge valve in my 2013 equinox ticks a lot. Sometimes it stops ticking. Then I can come to a red light. and suddenly it begins to tick tick tick.... I could never figure out what it was.
Until I heard it- popped open the hood- and looking around-- then I touched it to confirm it is the one ticking away.
I guess thats how it works. Ive seen other post on other chevy forums where owners have replaced the the valve thinking it was bad- but it continued to tick.
My Traverse normally does not tick under everyday driving. The Nox does (3.6 V6)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My Traverse ticks at idle all the time, don't know if it it's the purge valve or the high pressure fuel pump but the Lambda triplets (don't count the Outlook since it never got DI) all make that noise around here, so I don't worry about it. Can't hear it from inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
there was the 2010 Outlook... DI. Make alongside the 2010 Traverse.

Reactions: cintocrunch

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
there was the 2010 Outlook... DI. Make alongside the 2010 Traverse.
I just had a gut feeling you would correct me... for some reason I thought the Outlook never got DI...

I humbly request any readers disregard the word "triplets" in my prior post and insert the word "quadruplets".

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
2010 was the last year for the outlook-
I believe towards the end- many of them were sent to rental agencies. The 2010 Traverse then moved to the Acadia/ENclave factory- and no more Outlooks were made after the move.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you take it back? did you find out what it was? mine is making a noise as well
Dealer checked it out. Acknowledge they hear constant noise. They said it is normal. WTF. $37,500 cost with 8000 miles. This is bull ****.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Dealer checked it out. Acknowledge they hear constant noise. They said it is normal. WTF. $37,500 cost with 8000 miles. This is bull ****.
Why are you upset about a normal noise?

I can't hear it at all inside the cabin and my Traverse runs excellent. DI engines tend to make a lot more noise and unless great lengths are made for sound deadening, you will hear it while standing next to the running vehicle.

I'd be more upset if I spent the $50k my mom did on her Mercedes GLC300, which sounded like a diesel tractor when it was first started up and cold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts