Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stopped by a dealer the other night--- once it was closed so I wouldnt be bothered by salesmen.
But I noticed that the ones on the lot- all had black grilles...
I thought there was some that came with the chromed grille.
There was one there-- black grille... yet had leather- captains chairs, 20 inch rims, dual exhaust, navigation- dual sunroofs- and was MSRP of I think $46,000 or so.. (maybe $41K)... but I was surprissed it had the black grille...

even the chevy website shows an LTZ with what appears to be a chrome grille when compared to the pic of the 2 LT.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats interesting, I've never seen the black grill. Mine is definitely stock chrome or chrome'ish.

·
Registered
201 Posts
LTZ have a silver grill below that they have black inserts with chrome trim. We installed a chrome mesh grill on a LS it sure brightened up the front end.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased the 1LT and the dealer had placed a custom grille known as the "Q" grille on it. I would prefer to have the Chrome Mesh grille but haven't taken the time to purchase yet; along with the running boards, pin stripe, and DVD system. Whew - so much I want to do but don't know where to start. You can take a look at what my vehicle looks like with the "Q" grille by visiting the following site:

http://store.asdshop.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AS&Product_Code=1398-0185-09Q&Category_Code=Traverse

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the chrome looks really nice...
but so does the black... I think it depends on the color of the vehicle-- where the grille would contrast with the vehicles color

found a side shot of chrome and black

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really prefer the chrome mesh grille compared to the black mesh or the "Q" grille that I have. I REALLY like the chrome mesh grille on the Silver Moss vehicles.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Regarding the black grille seen on an LTZ, I wonder if this is a fault brought about by different models running down the one production line. I say this because last week I took delivery of my LTZ and discovered that the nearside headlamp cluster was correct (projector) and the offside was not (standard LT/LS). My dealer is, of course, arranging for a replacement. One wonders how many other non-standard bits and pieces are fitted to cars leaving the plant. Also, quality control at GM and the dealer would seem to leave a little to be desired.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW... now thats interesting.... did you notice the difference when you turned on the lamp at night?
You are lucky---- the HID lamps are discontinued on the 2010 models.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RDMCWBY said:
I really prefer the chrome mesh grille compared to the black mesh or the "Q" grille that I have. I REALLY like the chrome mesh grille on the Silver Moss vehicles.
I was planning on buying a 2010 Silver Moss metallic--- but this color has been discontinued for 2010....

·
Registered
78 Posts
rbarrios said:
WOW... now thats interesting.... did you notice the difference when you turned on the lamp at night?
You are lucky---- the HID lamps are discontinued on the 2010 models.
The nearside lamp does seem to reach further. My understanding is that projector lamps are not HID (at least that's what the salesman told me). We were both standing by the (incorrect) offside lamp when I said I thought something was wrong. He looked at it and said 'nah, that's the correct lamp', neither of us referring to the other lamp. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed the error.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he may be right.. I was wondering how an HID lamped vehicle-- gets a regular halogen lamped assembly---
someome would have noticed the wiring wasnt right....
so it sounds like its a projector- with a halogen bulb behind it-- and thus can use the normal wiring.... makes sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts