Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a new 22 RS. It came without working heated seats. He was told that it would be retrofitted when the chips were available. When looking at his heating controls the heated seats buttons are not there. When they add the chips do they replace the control cluster to add the buttons? I would have thought they would have installed everything to make the system work once the chips were installed.

Thanks for any info you may have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some have it, some don't. My Traverse has the buttons for the heated/ventilated seats but they don't work. It doesn't have the button for the heated stearing wheel that is also supposed to be retrofitted. Seems like they are short on a few items.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Traverse RS
32 Posts
A buddy of mine has a new 22 RS. It came without working heated seats. He was told that it would be retrofitted when the chips were available. When looking at his heating controls the heated seats buttons are not there. When they add the chips do they replace the control cluster to add the buttons? I would have thought they would have installed everything to make the system work once the chips were installed.

Thanks for any info you may have.
If you find the answer to this, please let me know. I have a 22 RS also. My vehicle was discounted for a later retrofit. I also do NOT have the buttons to control the seats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It'll all get added when they do the retrofit (y)
(which will probably be available later in the year)
I'm sure your correct, I just find it odd that they didn't put everything in place to make the system ready to work once the chips were installed? Maybe the chips weren't the only parts in short supply?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm sure your correct, I just find it odd that they didn't put everything in place to make the system ready to work once the chips were installed? Maybe the chips weren't the only parts in short supply?
At first they didn't include the buttons (and I'm not sure why), but then they started adding the heated seat buttons but they just weren't operational/functional yet

Who knows why they did it that way though

·
Registered
8 Posts
When we took delivery of the Traverse 2 weeks ago, they made us sign a disclaimer stating that the heated and ventilated seats will be retrofitted at a later date, by December this year if I recall correctly. And yes, as mentioned, ours has the buttons on the center console but don’t do anything when pressed.

·
Registered
Public land owner
27 Posts
Couple of thoughts about the chips. Is it chip or chips I don’t know. How many chips does it take to retrofit the heated steering wheel, front heated and ventilated seats, rear heated seats and the rear park assist? I can’t see it taking one chip per item. If that’s the case they have one chip covering multiple items. with a new inventory of chips, does GM have to decide whether to update the existing customer vehicle or take that chip and put it in the production line??

·
Registered
542 Posts
When we took delivery of the Traverse 2 weeks ago, they made us sign a disclaimer stating that the heated and ventilated seats will be retrofitted at a later date, by December this year if I recall correctly. And yes, as mentioned, ours has the buttons on the center console but don’t do anything when pressed.
Hmmm.....we just got ours yesterday & it has the heated seats (February build--when they started adding them again), and it's just missing the rear park assist & has the credit/retrofit info on the window sticker.
BUT we didn't sign anything though, like you're saying you did 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey, since there's a bunch of 2022 owners here in this thread...

If you got the "floor liner package" (from the factory), did you receive the carpeted mats too?

I did on prior Traverses, but didn't on this one.....so I'm not sure if they changed it or not 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Couple of thoughts about the chips. Is it chip or chips I don’t know. How many chips does it take to retrofit the heated steering wheel, front heated and ventilated seats, rear heated seats and the rear park assist? I can’t see it taking one chip per item. If that’s the case they have one chip covering multiple items. with a new inventory of chips, does GM have to decide whether to update the existing customer vehicle or take that chip and put it in the production line??
I believe each seat has a control module underneath it (at least on the 1st Gens). I would assume the steering wheel would need it's own module. Each module may actually have more than one "chip" in it - could be several on a printed circuit board; who knows?

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Traverse RS
32 Posts

If you got the "floor liner package" (from the factory), did you receive the carpeted mats too?

I did on prior Traverses, but didn't on this one.....so I'm not sure if they changed it or not 🤷‍♂️
Yes, I received both sets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmm.....we just got ours yesterday & it has the heated seats (February build--when they started adding them again), and it's just missing the rear park assist & has the credit/retrofit info on the window sticker.
BUT we didn't sign anything though, like you're saying you did 🤷‍♂️
Lucky! That’s weird because ours was built in Feb too (Premier) - must’ve just missed the cut on the seats. We could’ve gotten them secured by modifying our order to High Country but I couldn’t justify the additional cost.

Yup we had to sign two separate disclaimer forms - one for the seats and wheel, the other for the rear park assist

·
Registered
1 Posts

They should have provided them as well. I believe it is a standard and included in the price. They did with my recent purchase.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes, I received both sets.
I only received the floor liners in mine.
Only floor liners in mine.
They should have provided them as well. I believe it is a standard and included in the price. They did with my recent purchase.
Hmmmm....:unsure:
I'm getting contradicting answers here.

I asked my sales man and he said GM stopped providing both, and it's one or the other now 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hmmmm....:unsure:
I'm getting contradicting answers here.

I asked my sales man and he said GM stopped providing both, and it's one or the other now 🤷‍♂️
They just increased their profit at your expense. The liners are an extra cost option that you paid for; the carpeted mats are included in the base price.

·
Registered
542 Posts
They just increased their profit at your expense. The liners are an extra cost option that you paid for; the carpeted mats are included in the base price.
I agree, BUT they don't list the carpeted floor mats on the window sticker as standard equipment or anything (like they used to)....just the optioned floor liners on my '22.

Oh well...I never used them anyways, but was just curious

·
Registered
2 Posts

Just picked up my traverse a few days ago and only the floor liners were in. No carpeted mats.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts