Traverse Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Until last Saturday I had an '09 LT/1LT. Except for the timing chain issue at 12000 miles (which was a warranty repair), for the next 7 years I drove that Traverse (180k miles) I had zero reliability issues. In those same 7 years I spent about $3k out of pocket to replace various components that just needed replacing. I put in fresh full synth oil changes every 3k miles along with Lucas injector cleaner and ethanol treatment. Flawless operation. At trade-in for my new 2016 Traverse LS (in Silver Ice Metallic) the dealership was impressed with the really great condition it was in. They thought it looked and drove like a car with just 50k miles on it. I went from my '09 to a '16 without a microsecond of hesitation.

Now, if I can just find a good deal in replacing the 17" wheels/General HTS tires that came on this new Traverse and up-size to 19" or 20" I will be one happy guy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
We've updated our reliability stats for the Traverse to include owner experiences through June 30, 2016. Reliability information elsewhere is based on a survey conducted in April 2015--well over a year ago.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2015 Traverse: 18, low
2014 Traverse: 41, moderate
2013 Traverse: 58, high
2012 Traverse: 45, moderate
2011 Traverse: 75, high
2010 Traverse: 75, high
2009 Traverse: 87, high

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2015 Traverse: 83, < 1
2014 Traverse: 72, 3
2013 Traverse: 62, 7
2012 Traverse: 64, 5
2011 Traverse: 51, 8
2010 Traverse: 50, 3
2009 Traverse: 35, 2

We'll have further updates in November and next February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Traverse reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
We've updated our reliability stats for the Traverse to include owner experiences through September 30, 2016.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year (lower is better):

2016 Traverse: 23, moderate
2015 Traverse: 21, low
2014 Traverse: 49, high
2013 Traverse: 50, high
2012 Traverse: 46, moderate
2011 Traverse: 77, high
2010 Traverse: 67, moderate
2009 Traverse: 74, moderate

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2015 Traverse: 82, 3
2014 Traverse: 74, 3
2013 Traverse: 62, 7
2012 Traverse: 67, 3
2011 Traverse: 50, 9
2010 Traverse: 49, 4
2009 Traverse: 46, 2

Additional participants always helpful.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Traverse reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
21 Posts
Chevrolet Traverse reliability = the absolute worst of any car ever made.

Chevy made my purchase my biggest nightmare ever.

·
Registered
495 Posts

So spam the **** out of an owners forum.

That'll learn 'em.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
This is not very encouraging for me as the owner of a 2017. Should have kept my Uplander. What about the realibility on the 2018. The engine is the same.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts

So spam the **** out of an owners forum.

That'll learn 'em.
Well, he's vented at least 7 times here, so hopefully he feels better now.

(He' obviously never owned a Chrysler!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very good compared to our Saturn Vue (bought new, 2008 model), which has been to the dealership for service over 10 times for minor (but annoying issues.) Not saying the Traverse is perfect or the Vue was a terrible design by GM....cars vary even within model ranges, but we are happy with the Lambdas.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I am very happy with my 2017 after a year and one month. Absolutely perfect with no problem except that the heat takes a while to get at the back in winter because the underneath lines conduits are not insulated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chevrolet Traverse Reliability

We’ve had several and the only reason we’ve done this is because of the great lease deals. Being leased regardless of how terrible the dealer service is it goes away in 24 months. The first I liked so much I actually bought it after the lease expired. Then I noticed the smell and usage of antifreeze. It was seeping through the pores of the engine. Our dealer here in Washington, Michigan proved too incompetent to be trusted with repairs. Front brakes wore out in way that by the time I heard them the rotors were already shot. The A/C evaporator blew, etc. Since we were stuck with an obvious lemon we just dumped it back on the dealer. The 2013 was my wife’s car and had only minor problems. Next my 2017 wad painted by a drunken monkey. The salesmen and sales manager at the dealer just kinda shook their heads. Their paint shop could make the problem even worse so we just live with it because it to will go away in 24 months. The dealer can’t fix the rear door rubbing or the dash rattle that I think they all have. Yes, they ride well, have plenty of power, but the quality is terrible.
Now, the icing on the cake! We received a letter from a local Detroit area lawyer who is seeking out people who have been burned by purchasing a Traverse. Oddly enough, the 2010 model year was not on his list, only newer models. My GM / automotive background would make me a great professional witness. I don’t really care for lawyers, but I told this guy I’d be more than happy to help in any way!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Prof: what was the problem with your paint? Was your colour Summit White? The rear door rubbing? Rubbing where? And finally the rattle in your dash. Are you sure that you did not had some loose items in your glove box? What else was wrong beside these items. I have a 2017 with none of your problems that you mentionned. I find that it is a very solid vehicle specially built on the strong Lambda Chassis .i never found some twisting in the chassis in uneven terrain a thing that many suv's are prone to have with unibody construction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012 LT with 141,374 miles. I would say no significant issues with this remarkable car other than the usual maintenance. I just had the plugs and coils replaced because cylinders 3 and 5 began showing misfires. With plugs switched out at 100,000 miles, I am now on my third set of plugs. Always use full synthetic oil pushing sometimes to 10,000 but now I will replace around 7,000. By 10,000 one quart of oil is missing and with concern aimed at the original timing chain, I will change oil more often. I would have expected front end problems by now but nothing is showing up! CAT seems fine as does all the exhaust system. The rear lift supports and struts died and were replace. I replaced the original battery last year, the big crious issue was no documentation on where the battery was hidden - turned out to be under the middle passenger seat! This car has far exceeded my expectations which were colored by my wifes driving style that includes full speed ahead and strong braking before a red light or stop sign. Amazing car!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Although I have only had my Traverse a few months I have found it to be quiet, comfortable and so far reliable.. It has more miles that I like on a used car(90,000) but you cannot tell from the ride or operation., I replaced the original battery a month ago. Other than that NADA. At age 70 I hope this is my last car I will need. If it lasts like the Astro I had before(18 years and 200,000 mile it will definitely outlast me.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts