Traverse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I am going to attribute the better numbers for 2010 to the fact that there haven't been any timing chain issues reported.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good idea to post this here.

ON a related note, we are on our Second Traverse. So far only 1 total promblem between them (the day we picked it up from the dealer, the rear seat vents didn't worked, it was fixed the next day.)
Very good compared to our Saturn Vue (bought new, 2008 model), which has been to the dealership for service over 10 times for minor (but annoying issues.) Not saying the Traverse is perfect or the Vue was a terrible design by GM....cars vary even within model ranges, but we are happy with the Lambdas.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We have updated results for the Lambdas based on owner experiences through December 31, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since last April until the summer or even fall of this year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2011: no repairs reported yet, 17 vehicles

2010: 42, about average

2009: 78, about average

2008: 93, worse than average

2007: 94, about average

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

For the Lambdas these are:

2010: 68, < 1

2009: 58, 8

2008: 47, 10

2007: 52, 6

Nada-odds and Lemon-odds car reliability stats

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

To see how competitors compare and to sign up to help:

Chevrolet Traverse reliability ratings and comparisons

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We have updated our car reliability stats for the Lambdas based on owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

2011: no repairs reported yet, 41 vehicles

2010: 44, about average

2009: 84, about average, but near "worse than average"

2008: 98, worse than average

2007: 103, worse than average

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

2010: 71, < 1

2009: 53, 7

2008: 48, 6

2007: 44, 8

We'll have further updates in August and November. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

To see how competitors compare and to sign up to help improve this information:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We have updated our car reliability stats for the Lambdas based on owner experiences through June 30, 2011.

2011: 13

2010: 48, about average

2009: 78, about average

2008: 107, worse than average

2007: 109, worse than average

2010: 67, < 1

2009: 52, 9

2008: 39, 7

2007: 42, 10

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We have updated our car reliability stats for the Traverse based on owner experiences through December 31, 2011.

2011: 28

2010: 57, about average

2009: 85, about average

For the Traverse these are:

2011: 74, < 1

2010: 55, 4

2009: 49, 9

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
something is wrong-- there is no such thing as a 2007 or 2008 Traverse.

these debuted for the 2009 model year.

Unless these results are lumped in with the acadia,enclave, outlook

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They are across all Lambdas. I meant to remove the 2007 and 2008 before posting, but was distracted by difficulties my computer and/or browser are having with this forum.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
oh ok, that makes more sense.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just signed up. 2012 doesnt have a whole lot of data but I am happy with the results so far. So keep up the good work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
We have updated our car reliability stats for the Lambdas based on owner experiences through June 30, 2012.

2012: 28, better than average

2011: 29, better than average

2010: 69, worse than average (partly because recalibrated scale)

2009: 88, worse than average

2011: 82, < 1

2010: 56, 2

2009: 39, 7

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide. Additional 2012s and 2013s would be especially helpful.

·
Registered
82 Posts
2012 LTZ AWD bought mid-October, just turned 1500 miles and no issues 'yet' to report. Do hear a clicking sound from up front when engine is running. Have not done personal diagnostics w/HVAC on/off to see if it effects, but may ask dealer about it at first oil change.

Love the info on this site. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just put 5k on my 2009 (i bought used 3mths ago w/ 35k miles). Radio Console went out on me last mth, and my steering shaft broke, both were replaced by my warrenty (The Warrenty Group). but other than that its been doing well. i mean its avg 17/mpg but that i kind'of guessed being that i have to break every 10ft here in NYC.

2009 Traverse LTZ 40,150 miles. Gold/Tan fully loaded.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
StingRay said:
Do hear a clicking sound from up front when engine is running. .
if you can really hear it when standing in the front or side--- or with hood open--
what you are most likely hearing is the ticking created by the high pressure fuel pump and its related stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
StingRay said:
2012 LTZ AWD bought mid-October, just turned 1500 miles and no issues 'yet' to report. Do hear a clicking sound from up front when engine is running. Have not done personal diagnostics w/HVAC on/off to see if it effects, but may ask dealer about it at first oil change.

Love the info on this site. Thanks.
Congratulations StingRay! Keep us posted on what your dealership says about the clicking concern you've got going on.

Sarah (Assisting Michelle), Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We have updated our car reliability stats for the Lambdas based on owner experiences through September 30, 2012.

2012: 31, better than average

2011: 28, better than average

2010: 84, worse than average

2009: 79, worse than average

2011: 75, < 1

2010: 47, 4

2009: 49, 4

We'll have further updates in February and May. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Especially need the revised 2013s!

To see how competitors compare and to sign up to help:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We've updated our reliability stats for the Traverse to include owner experiences through March 31, 2013.

2012 Traverse: 15, low
2011 Traverse: 36, moderate
2010 Traverse: 61, moderate
2009 Traverse: 60, moderate

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:
2012 Traverse: 92, < 1
2011 Traverse: 67, < 1
2010 Traverse: 50, 2
2009 Traverse: 51, < 1

We'll have further updates in August and in November. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

http://www.truedelta.com/Chevrolet-Traverse/reliability-843']Chevrolet Traverse reliability ratings and comparisons[/url]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will try to sign up this evening. 2011 Traverse LT w/ 35,000miles. Taken twice now to dealer for steering problem. Mainly was the noise when turning. 1st repair was replacing "steering gear shaft". Need to check to make sure that's what was described. Then this last visit they noticed the excessive noise from power steering pump. Replaced power steering pump and replaced new steering fluid all under warranty. Seems good for now. No other problem to date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where is reliability? ... I have been called a troll... I am an owner of a lemon. pure and simple.
I have a pre owned certified chevy traverse ltz. At this moment the AWD, ac, seat, mirror are broken on top of the engine that is giving 5 codes that gm doesnt want to fix. I had my engine blow 4 hours away from home, and i was left on the road. GM never did anything. My engine was replaced and now many problems, but GM doesnt want to fix. I have spoken for over 60 days to repair it and they tell me ... well we will call you tomorrow. heh. 60 days ... I cannot drive my vehicle with confidence with my family, I have told gm that if i get into an accident... i WILL supply ignored problems to the one needing repairs + the insurance companies... since this is pure and simple negligence. I am tired. No one needs this. Japanese will fix your vehicle but ... gm ... no .

I have an option... I'll just take into the nearest dealer,.... have them fix things... the request money from me ... heh in turn I can call the police saying they are holding my vehicle without cause. It is fully warrantied. vn number reading 1GNEV33D29S113495.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts