Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because existing sources of auto reliability information left much to be desired, in late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research at TrueDelta.com. TrueDelta reports absolute stats like "trips to the shop" that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so any significant changes in a model's reliability become apparent quickly.

Thanks to the help of the Lambda Network and its members, for which I am very grateful, the sample sizes for the other Lambdas have been among the largest, with the 2008s being the largest. So far, the 2008s have had a repair rate near the average, maybe a bit better.

Will the 2009s do just as well, or even better? As soon as enough owners of the Traverse and other 2009 Lambdas sign up and participate, we'll find out.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members receive full access to the results for free.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Vehicle reliability research

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would recommend people to sign up to this site because it gives valuable data that is timely compared to Consumer Reports. Also great features to see real world fuel economy and general pricing of models.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm a member of this valuable service for my GMC Acadia. Truedelta.com provides a great service and it's very quick and simple to sign up. Join the rest of the Lambda ranks and sign up if you own a Traverse!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Mike,

I signed up for my Traverse and my Astra. I was surprised to see how many Astra's you have signed up. You have a pretty high percentage of the 10,000 that have been sold. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, about one percent of them, but that is unusually high.

TrueDelta has released updated Car Reliability Survey results for the Chevrolet Traverse and the other Lambdas. We don't have enough responses for the 2009s yet for a full result, but so far the repair rate appears to be very low--so better than the 2007 and 2008. Note that the 2008 Lambdas had a very low repair rate initially, though.

A big thanks to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May, August, and November, so additional participants would certainly be helpful.

TrueDelta now has a separate results page for each model that includes the scores of competitors for easy comparisons. The one for the Chevrolet Traverse:

Chevrolet Traverse reliability comparisons

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We've updated the results for the Lambda crossovers to include owner experiences through March 2009. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2009: 33, better than average, but the 2008s had a similar repair frequency this time last year

2008: 71, about average--sample size of 241, best in the survey--thanks, guys!

2007: 70, about average

A big thank you to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. Additional participants always helpful.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have updated results for the Traverse and the other Lambdas based on owner experiences through the end of June. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2009: 34

2008: 76

2007: 80

The 2009 is better than average so far, while the others are about average. The 2008 was also better than average a year ago, so it remains to be seen whether or not the 2009s will go down the same path.

A big thanks to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have updated results for the Traverse and the other Lambdas based on owner experiences through December 31, 2009. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2009: 43

2008: 76

2007: 91

The 2008 and 2009 are about average, while the 2007 has declined a bit and is now again worse than average.

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

With the Lambdas the percentage with no repairs is about 40 for the 2007, 53 for the 2008, and 74 for the 2009, and while the percentage of lemons is about 3 for the 2007, 5 for the 2008, and less than one for the 2009.

Nada-odds and Lemon-odds car reliability stats

A big thanks, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have updated results for the Lambdas based on owner experiences through March 31, 2010*. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2010: 65

2009: 48

2008: 75

2007: 96

The 2007 is worse than average, while the others are about average.

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

With the Lambdas the percentage with no repairs is about 32 for the 2007, 50 for the 2008, and 63 for the 2009, and while the percentage of lemons is about 5 for the 2007 and 2008 and less than one for the 2009.

A big thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) Finley got logged in it took some doing my internet provide apparently was blocking the site so I couldn’t get my log in number. But got that strait now.

8) Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have updated results for the Lambdas based on owner experiences through June 30, 2010.

Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the more recent months until the summer or even fall of next year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2010: 38

2009: 59

2008: 73

2007: 92

The 2007 is worse than average, while the others are about average.

With the Lambdas the percentage with no repairs is about 33 for the 2007, 52 for the 2008, and 62 for the 2009, and while the percentage of lemons is about 2 for the 2007, about 4 for the 2008, and about one for the 2009.

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in November and February. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

To see how competitors compare and to sign up to help:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
How can these reliability figures for Traverse be accurate, if it is showing 2007 and 2008 Traverses?

bob

·
Registered
465 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
How can these reliability figures for Traverse be accurate, if it is showing 2007 and 2008 Traverses?

bob
He is showing the problems for the Lambdas platform .

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
2LT AWD said:
He is showing the problems for the Lambdas platform .
OK.

Bob

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have updated results for the Lambdas based on owner experiences through September 30, 2010.

Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of next year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2010: 35

2009: 67

2008: 85

2007: 94

The 2010 is better than average, while the others are all about average.

With the Lambdas the percentage with no repairs is about 36 for the 2007, 47 for the 2008, and 59 for the 2009, and while the percentage of lemons is about 4 for the 2007, about 7 for the 2008, and about 4 for the 2009.

Thank you, once again, to this forum and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

To see how competitors compare and to sign up to help:

Chevrolet Traverse reliability ratings and comparisons

1 - 20 of 73 Posts