1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumb:

http://www.prnewswire.com/

YONKERS, N.Y., June 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/

"With a "Very Good" overall test score, the new Chevrolet Traverse now ranks third in Consumer Reports' ranking of 18 midsized SUVs with three rows of seats. The only other SUVs in that category that outpoint it are Toyota's Highlander and Highlander Hybrid.

The Traverse is the newest member of GM's quartet of large, unibody SUVs, joining the Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, and Saturn Outlook. It drew praise from CR's engineers and editors for its interior room and flexibility, ride, handling, quietness, usable third-row seat, blind-spot mirrors and good crash-test results.

The Traverse missed an "Excellent" rating from CR by the narrowest of margins. It posted an overall road test score (rounded to the nearest digit) of 80, just one point behind the Highlander Limited and six points behind the Highlander Hybrid Limited;"

·
Registered
91 Posts
that highlander is a joke....shitty stereo and no power under the pedal and lack of room. I love toyota, but I can not see why that beat the Traverse!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Yeah I wonder why it won too....
I think the current model of the Highlander- can tow.... very little--- and the manual says- that while towing- to keep speeds at 45 MPH MAX.
I think CR is paid by Toyota.... they suspicioulsy always hail toyota...
I think CR was the same publication that rated the current NEW Tundra the best... based on last years model---- the problem was that the Tundra was all new.... and they based stuff on the previous model-- which was different...
so how could the NEW Tundra be recommended based on an old model ?? its totally new with no data out to make such a claim....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not to mention the highlander hybrid friggen starts in the $43K range. Are they serious? I was looking at that and the sequoia when I was looking at the traverse. No way I was paying $50K for the sequoia...and the extra money for the hybrid wasn't worth the same mileage basically as the traverse gets. For any hybrid to be worth the money, it would have to get extremely good mileage like the camry does. My dad gets 44 mpg on his camry hybrid continuously.

All those reasons (and the fact that the trailblazer was toast) are what lead me to the Traverse.

Joe

·
Registered
69 Posts
The praise it gets from CR or from any other source don't surprise me any. It's a great vehicle that has it all. It's when they bash it that surprises me, but every now and then the heavy critisism is justified...but with that said, not all cars are perfect and please.....the Highlander has nothing on the Traverse.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I stopped believing Consumer Reports ratings a long time ago. Hondas and Toyotas have had their share of problems. For example, a lot of Honda/Acura models had bad transmissions a few years ago due to a design defect, which in my opinion is MAJOR. (Do a Google on Honda Pilot transmission problems). Those cars should have been much worse than average, but rather Consumer Reports recommended them. Most of the owners probably couldn't believe their beloved Honda/Acura could be so troublesome especially since "Consumer's Reports recommended it..." blah, blah, blah. Well, those same owners found out the hard way. It's better to do your own research.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
same thing with the 07 Camrys... bad transmissions...
but we all know--- theyre gods gift to humanity... so they are recommended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts