Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L 126k.

Noticed the dash voltmeter showing about 15 volts. Checked at the posts under the hood, 15.3v. Usually reads high, sometimes it will drop to 14v. Replaced alternator, Optima reman. Still have the exact same problem. I find it highly unlikely both alternators had the exact same issue. Is there a voltage regulator I should check? Could it be the ECM or PCM? Something else? I tried to check the codes tonight, but O’Riley’s code scanner was broke. I will see if I can get them checked someplace else if you think it’s needed.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Ouch!
I read his post and thought- sounds like alternator is working as designed.......

THere are a few posts of people being worried about seeing that needle go to 15v and other times way down by 12 or so. But working as designed.

Reactions: repairman54

·
Registered
2020 High Country
746 Posts
AGM battery charging logic / requirements are not the same a regular battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I learn something new every day with this traverse lol. The other two vehicles I work on are both ‘90 Chevy pickups, so I’m more used to minimal computers running at 13.8-14.2 V. Thank y’all so much for your help! At least now I won’t freak out when the voltage is a bit weird.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts