Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning! Can anyone advise how to remove the auxiliary power outlet located under the rear climate controls of the front center console? One of my daughters friends hit the cover of the outlet and snapped it off at the hinge. GM did away with the hinge cover and replaced it with a tether strap cover. Glanced over the console yesterday and was unsure how to remove it.

Thanks!

RJ

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
welcome.

I dont have that option- so I cant help you with it... but I can welcome you.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Are you trying to disable it completely for safety? Or just remove it so you can replace it?

If you are trying to do the 1st part, check the fuse block for a fuse. I'm sure there's just one fuse that powers that outlet and pull it may disable it for you.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
now that I remember-- I know theres a member that ADDED that feature to his Traverse that didnt have it...
So he must know how to dissasemble those areas...

he also had a post on- adding digital AC--- as he had pics of this whole dash removed.. all the way down the the firewall...
I cant remember his name

·
Registered
381 Posts
At least 2 of my Acadia's 12V plug covers are broken. Does anybody have a pic of this new teathered design? Was this throught the whole lambda line?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the photos. One being the hinge cover (from front of vehicle), one of the broken hinge cover(from rear of front center console) and one of the new tether strap cover. I have to remove the outlet with the broken cover and replace it with the new tether strap cover. Again, not sure how to remove old one. Afraid to pull too hard and snap the plastic. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
You pics didn't post because you only have 3 posts to this point; I think the magic number is 10 posts

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I broke off one of the tether covers on the back of the middle row captain chair. I had the cover open, because we have child seats, then I fliped the back bench down, it caught the cover and snapped it off. A bit of a design flaw I think, that it can happen so easily.

Not a big deal though, when we are done with carseats, I still have the little plastic cover, and it will snap back on. Its just no longer hinged.

·
Registered
150 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
At least 2 of my Acadia's 12V plug covers are broken. Does anybody have a pic of this new teathered design? Was this throught the whole lambda line?
The tethered design is nothing new. GM has been doing this on their Pontiac Pursuit (G5, Cobalt, ION) for years.

FWIW, my '09 Outlook has the hard plastic cover.

·
Registered
381 Posts
bigtallvandy said:
The tethered design is nothing new. GM has been doing this on their Pontiac Pursuit (G5, Cobalt, ION) for years.

FWIW, my '09 Outlook has the hard plastic cover.
I just wonder why they didn't do it earlier on these vehicles.

BTW, thanks for the pics rjr0408.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Medicrxdoc - you say that "at least two" of your 12V outlets are broken - just curious, how many 12V outlets does your Acadia have?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine is a 2007 and they cut down the number of outlets from here. Off the top of my head, there is 1 on the dash under the radio (broken cover), 1 inside the center console under my coin tray, 1 on the back of the center console (broken) and 1 inside the rear hatch (not sure if this is ok or not).

·
Registered
212 Posts
The one in my Travvy is broke as well, just need a part number. I think I can figure it out. Anyone have any idea? ::)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: Re: change power outlet on rear of front center console?

I have the new part in hand but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the old one out? Anyone have a clue or possibly a link to this?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I know that years ago (like 40) the back screwed off the front. I doubt it does that anymore, though. :happy:

There are probably some kind of "fingers" that lock in so the guy on the line can just push it in.

·
Registered
212 Posts

There is but I have to remove the whole panel out of the car to get at it. My wife just noticed the mess in the car and quickly let me know how much trouble I am going to be in if I break anything else. :eek: There are screws from the inside holding it in. Just not sure where to start pulling and prying.....

·
Registered
212 Posts

I figured it out... Everybody knows GM loves their little clips. The back panel of the console just snaps off, but dang you have to yank on it.

All fixed. Now that I have the front cupholders apart, they are going thru the dishwasher... ugh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts