Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. Just found out they only fold flat. Would have been nice if the both folded up. And why did they decide only the passenger back seat has the “smart slide” for easier access to the 3rd row

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Never mind. Just found out they only fold flat. Would have been nice if the both folded up. And why did they decide only the passenger back seat has the “smart slide” for easier access to the 3rd row
$$$$$

·
Registered
240 Posts
The passenger seat being the only one that folds forward for access to the third row may be a hold over from the old Suburban/Carryall vehicles. That second row, passenger side seat was the only one that allowed access to the third row--and that goes back to the early '70s from my experience. Having said that, it was probably a $$$$ based decision, as greentraverse stated, although it could have been influenced by most passengers entering from the right side of the vehicle. As I recall, the original Suburbans didn't even have a left hand door for passengers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sounds like we have lived thru the same years!

Reactions: Plymouthcranbrook

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's on the passenger side because that's the curb side (for loading/unloading).

But yeah, I agree, they should have it on both sides though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2015 traverse lt and the entire 2nd row fold flat and the seats pop up to allow access to 3rd row from either side.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Both sides of my 2018 slide forward. The latch for that is on the top of the seat, near the door.
If you have the 2nd row bench seat, yes.

On the 2nd row captain chairs though, only the passenger side tilts & slides forward for "easy" 3rd row access

1 - 10 of 10 Posts