Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2017 Chevy Traverse with a middle 60/40 bench seat. Currently, I have Graco front facing carseats with top tethers on the driver side of the bench and in the middle of the back row for my 3 and 4 year old. I recently found out I'm expecting another, however, so I'm trying to figure out how to add in an infant seat. I was hoping to fit our old Graco Snugride 30 in the middle of the second row next to my daughter so that my son could still access his seat in the back by sliding it forward on the 40 side instead of leaping over, but my Snugride won't fit securely with the lap belt in the middle and my daughter's seat on the side makes it tilt.

It will fit fine on the passenger side of the middle seat, but then I can't slide the 40 part of the middle seat forward to access the back. And I can't move the forward facing seats around much because they both require top tethers.

I thought about just adjusting the 40 part of the middle seat to the farthest forward position that I could so that my son could squeeze through behind it without tilting it forward, but it will not slide forward at all with the seat adjustment lever on the side. It only slides forward fully if I use the lever that tilts the seat for back access, in which case it won't stay clicked forward but always slides back before clicking into place. The seat on the 60 side also barely slides forward with the seat adjustment lever though they slide easily when I use the lever for rear access. Is there a way to get either part of that middle seat to slide forward fully and stay in a forward position?

Alternatively, is there an infant seat that I could buy that would fit securely next to an upright Graco seat in the middle of that middle row and still allow back access? Our infant seat is our oldest and could use replacing anyway but the two forward-facing seats are fairly new so I would rather not replace them unless I have to.

Thank you!

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
2017- so you have the 1st generation.
Yes there is a car seat- The DIONOs.
There is another brand.. but- we bought Dionos- and just recently threw them out- now that kids are 10-12.
they did indeed go with my kids as the grew.
Ive had 2 dionos in the 2nd row.
Ive also had 2 dionos side by side in the 60 portion and it allowed the 40 portion to flip forward for access to rear.
The Dionos are indeed great because they have narrow backs.
They are also kind of pricey... $280-300 each.BUT it will be the only seats youll buy- infant to about 12 yrs old.

heres a thread I did on side by side in 2nd row.
and they are in rear facing position

Reactions: Arietta18

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
heres the thread on 3 dionos in 2nd row.

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
The Diono Radian we had- also does infants.

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
found the picture I was looking for.
Here are 2 dionos. rear facing for infant.
But note the 40 portion is flipped forward.. allowing access to the 3rd row.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The Dionos take up little room when forward facing

But when rear facing, they take up A LOT of real estate compared to some other seats

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
If you like leaning your seats back- yes.
In my case-It did not affect my seating position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone. I'll look into the Dionos. I was really hoping to find something Graco since that would work with the click connect strollers I already have but they may not make anything narrow enough. At least I know now that something is out there that works.

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
by the way--- use your 40 portion as a changing table... either from the door- or sitting in the 3rd row... pictures here..

with our 1st born- we also started off with the Eddie bauer stroller/carrier and base in car.
But once the 2nd was born.... Dionos were the answer.
I Purposely bought the 8 seater because at the time I did have grandma, grandpa, and great grandma come along. They loved riding in the 3rd row- as the kids were still rear facing-- and grandparents could literally stare at the little ones.
So- the 40 portion flipping forward was necessary.
by the way...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Although not a solution to your specific situation, I believe if you take your car seats to your local fire department those heroes will make sure your seat is properly installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts