Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2019 Traverse for little over a year now. I don't use CarPlay all the time but a few times it hasn't synced with my iPhone when I want to use it. Google search found I'm not the only one with the problem. I did see it may be something to do with USB accessory security. Seems iPhone locks out USB accessories if you haven't unlocked it withing an hour. You can remove this hour blockage in the phone settings so I did this just now and will see how it goes.

Any other tips or info on this appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know CarPlay can be flakey with some third-party USB cables. I had sporadic CarPlay problems in a 2016 GMC Sierra so I ultimately switched back to an Apple OEM cable - problems disappeared. I would make sure you have a MFi Certified cable as well. When I got my 2019 Traverse High Country I have only used the Apple lightning cable and I have had zero CarPlay connection issues.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Our 2019 Traverse is our 2nd vehicle to use car-play.
In both cases and numerous GM rentals; I have had no major issues with Car Play.

I have found it necessary to use "certified" USB/Lightning cables, and I also find it necessary to unlock my phone with my thumbprint before it will sync to my in-car screen

·
Registered
121 Posts
Regarding he above post;
I phones and car play works very well for us

HOWEVER;
Android Auto using wife's Pixel will simply NOT play nice with our traverse - it's so bad we have given up on it ;-(

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies - FYI I am using the Apple USB/Lightning cable that came with the phone.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Have you paired it with Bluetooth and tried it? Mine works flawlessly when it is running on Bluetooth but I do experience the USB unlock message when it is connected via lightening cable.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you paired it with Bluetooth and tried it? Mine works flawlessly when it is running on Bluetooth but I do experience the USB unlock message when it is connected via lightening cable.
Yes - mine is flawless with BT but at times has issues with USB connection required for Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had issues with this as well. It usually works fine, but sometimes it takes a while to connect. The other day I hooked up my phone and it kept displaying an error that it couldn't connect. Once I turned off the car when I got somewhere, it worked once I got back to the car and reconnected my phone.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had issues with this as well. It usually works fine, but sometimes it takes a while to connect. The other day I hooked up my phone and it kept displaying an error that it couldn't connect. Once I turned off the car when I got somewhere, it worked once I got back to the car and reconnected my phone.
Yes, this is what I have found. You need to turn off the car and walk away so even BT disconnects then when you reconnect CarPlay is successful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Regarding he above post;
I phones and car play works very well for us

HOWEVER;
Android Auto using wife's Pixel will simply NOT play nice with our traverse - it's so bad we have given up on it ;-(
I used to have issues with my pixel too but solved the issue by cleaning the USB C port on the phone. Some alcohol, a toothpick, and cotton swab fixed it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts