Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or have seen the cargo package for the Traverse. We're lookinga at an LTZ but not sure if the Cargo package is worth it. If you have pics or links to pics that would be helpful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The package includes a cargo net and cargo area shade. If you want them you can always order them through the parts department they cost about the same either way.

·
Registered
426 Posts
the cargo net is useful. It hooks across the back and can keep things in the back from moving around. The Shade, however, it just a thin sheet of nylon. It's very cheap and not very useful, IMO. We've never even taken ours out oft he plastic bag it came in. It's not the thick "window-shade-roller" type in some vehicles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. We picked up our Traverse LTZ yesterday w/o the cargo package. We have a net left over from our MPV that I'll try to attach if needed.

CP

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our Traverse came with the "Cargo Package" and I'm not impressed. I agree with others, the net may come in useful but the cargo cover is pretty much useless. You have to all but climb in the rear of the vehicle to attach it and it is extremely thin. Plus it only attaches while the rear seats are folded down so if you need to raise the seats it will have to be removed. I forsee it getting folded up and lost in the garage.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
161 Posts
woyster_09trav said:
Our Traverse came with the "Cargo Package" and I'm not impressed. I agree with others, the net may come in useful but the cargo cover is pretty much useless. You have to all but climb in the rear of the vehicle to attach it and it is extremely thin. Plus it only attaches while the rear seats are folded down so if you need to raise the seats it will have to be removed. I forsee it getting folded up and lost in the garage.

Just my 2 cents.
Good to know this. I was thinking of getting that package. Now I think I'll just get the net on the aftermarket.
Hard to understand why they had to make the shade so cheap and awkward to use, since it is an optional item, not something that adds cost to the manufacturing of the vehicle. But that's automakers for you -- you wonder if they actually use the products they sell, sometimes.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Here's pics of the cargo package.

There's give and take to it to me. It is a pain to install the cover. The 3rd row must be down, and it's a stretch (pun sorta intended) in getting to the hook locations. It doesn't cover very well either, but enough to block eyes to cargo if needed, just not 100%. I figure it'd be best for keeping sun off cargo in hot days if nothing else.

The net in back was very nice. You can buy it seperately if wanted and I'd recommend it. I often would have stuff fall out when I opened the automatic gate from shifting. The net is a dual type that opens up on top to allow something like grocery bags to be inserted inside for more support. That's how I use it most. It is a bit loose at the bottom so small items may not be held back and pass under it while the vehicle is in motion though. They should have taken the lower part of the net and the hooks closer to the floor IMHO.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for the pix, Narg.
The net looks good. Seems nearly identical to the one in my wife's Camry's trunk. (No reason for much difference, I guess.)
If there are small objects rolling around, wouldn't you just put them in the net, anyway?

About the shade/cover: So you're saying it has to be removed anytime you need to actually use the third row seats?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Confirmed...cargo cover has to be removed every time you want to lower the 3rd row seats.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Psssst. Don't tell Dan the Chevy Man this, but my wife kept demanding that the net was included with the 2LT purchase until the salesman threw it in at the dealership (getting it from the parts department I believe) just to make her go away. She got extra factory floor mats on the 5-yr old venture minivan that way. She looks forward to haggling just because.

·
Registered
417 Posts
LOL t4me...

I'd like to kick myself. Because someone gave me a Dodge minivan net last year because they didn't want it. Brand new in the plastic. I got tired of it sitting around and threw it away about 1 month before I bought the Trav. After getting the net for my Trav I remembered the other net, and realized that it looked very very similar to this one. DOH! Oh well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
t4me said:
. . . my wife kept demanding that the net was included with the 2LT purchase until the salesman threw it in at the dealership . . . She looks forward to haggling just because.
That's a good woman, you got there, T.
Heck, for a 2LT, they should have been throwing all kinds of free stuff at you in the first place.
Good sales guys like Dan know that it's part of the art of the sale: You give up some profit (and/or throw in freebies) this time, and that customer refers someone else to you that you make a killing on the next time.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Met up with my friend who had an Acadia. (no longer owns it).

gave me 2 packages- and said- I have no idea what these are for.. they were in the Acadia.....
I dont need them.

1 package was the flat tire cable.
the other package- new unopened....

We both scratched our heads..
So I opened it......
Looked like a bag of some sort...
then I saw the little elastic ends...............

A cargo cover shield.........
NICE!

Fit right on in my Ebony interior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts