Traverse Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Chevy traverse with captains chairs. I have an infant RF and a 2 year old FF in the captains chairs. I have my 4 year old FF in the third row, however her car seat is tilting to the side and I’m not sure how to fix it. Is it possible it’s just the car seat is to big? She’s in a maxi cosi pria 85. Im not sure what to do, I can’t drive around like this, I don’t feel she’s secure in her seat.

·
Registered
2019 Premier FWD
79 Posts
I am many years removed from children's car seat information. My five are all adults now.

• Haha
Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
See this thread:

There's some slight disagreement initially on what constitutes the LATCH system, but there is definitely an anchor on the back of the 3rd row seatback. Are you using it?

Read up on the LATCH system in your Owners Manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See this thread:

There's some slight disagreement initially on what constitutes the LATCH system, but there is definitely an anchor on the back of the 3rd row seatback. Are you using it?

Read up on the LATCH system in your Owners Manual.
Yes we’re using the anchor on the back of the seat. But it is still tilting towards the center, regardless of how tight it is

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,048 Posts
As long as it's latched in and tight and secure, I would try a rolled-up towel or something like that under the seat to help level it and reduce the tilt.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yes we’re using the anchor on the back of the seat. But it is still tilting towards the center, regardless of how tight it is
Take it to your local PD or FD, most of them offer car seat installation assistance and troubleshooting and can help you get it installed properly or confirm you have it installed properly as-is.

I'm not familiar with your particular seat, but our Britax Marathon and the narrower Graco convertible seats we have both do well in our third row using seat belt and top tether.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The rolled up towel or a cut down pool noodle will set things straight again. Sometimes due to the curvature of the seat requires some outside intervention to get the car seat level. Worked for us for YEARS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts