Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone that works at Spring hill sent me the link to this picture....
Shows Brand new Traverses that caught fire on the carrier.

Truck carrying SUVs catches fire
Posted: Oct 01, 2009 1:22 PM PDT

MAURY CO., Tenn. - Fire crews were called to Saturn Parkway at Interstate 65 in Maury County Thursday afternoon after a tractor trailer carrying Chevy Traverse SUVs caught fire.

The driver of the big rig carrying six vehicles was exiting Saturn Parkway onto I-65 North at about 1:30 p.m. when he noticed smoke coming from one of his back tires.

By the time he pulled over, the fire had spread to three of the SUVs.

Those were destroyed and two others were damaged.

The Interstate 65 on-ramp was shutdown as crews extinguished the flames.

Police had planned to reopen the ramp by about 3:30 p.m.

No one was injured.

It is not know what caused the truck to catch fire.

The Chevy Traverse is currently produced at the General Motors plant in nearby Spring Hill.

Production of the Traverse will shift to Michigan later this year when the plant goes idle.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

·
Registered
33 Posts
There goes about $70-$80 grand. Bummer.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder how many of those were pre ordered?
now someone has to wait longer if they were...

·
Registered
407 Posts
That must have been one heck of a HOT fire, look how the metal trailer has buckled, and how all the glass is melted off the Traverse (or was it broken with the fire hoses?). Wow, what a loss. Hopefully none were customer orders. Anyone on here waiting for a gold Traverse?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
09Enclave said:
That must have been one heck of a HOT fire, look how the metal trailer has buckled, and how all the glass is melted off the Traverse (or was it broken with the fire hoses?). Wow, what a loss. Hopefully none were customer orders. Anyone on here waiting for a gold Traverse?
So ... if you own a gold Traverse, watch your mail for a recall ! ;D

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HA!... ME!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
So ... if you own a gold Traverse, watch your mail for a recall ! ;D
??? I don't get it? Guess you are being funny. The article clearly states that the fire started with the semi truck, not the Traverses. Actually I was a little worried that it was in fact something with one of the Traverses, but glad to know this is just unfortunate luck, them being on a faulty car carrier.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
09Enclave said:
??? I don't get it? Guess you are being funny. The article clearly states that the fire started with the semi truck, not the Traverses. Actually I was a little worried that it was in fact something with one of the Traverses, but glad to know this is just unfortunate luck, them being on a faulty car carrier.
Yes, I was trying to be funny, :eek:hno: knowing Roberto has a gold Traverse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts