Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
t4me- I saw your pics-
I have 2 German Shepherds- who drop hair... since I have the ebony interior-- then this appears to be a better solution than a rubber cargo mat- as I want to avoid the hair from sticking to the seat backs....

I looked at her website---- 3 problems...
1.she only list 2009. (im sure the 2010 is the same).
2.she does not list black as a color (my interior is ebony)
3. she only shows the captains chairs version-- I have bench for 2nd row....

so ill contact her about it...

how has it held up?
have you guys carried dogs inside? if you have do their nails claw into it?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Re: canvasback.com - question for t4me and copperbeech

rbarrios said:
2.she does not list black as a color (my interior is ebony)
3. she only shows the captains chairs version-- I have bench for 2nd row....

so ill contact her about it...

how has it held up?
have you guys carried dogs inside? if you have do their nails claw into it?
Ask for black and you will get black.

Sorry no dogs in our house.

Definitely make contact with Brooks. Superb service.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Sorry, no dogs in our house, but the 6 and 7 yr olds crawl plenty during tailgating (do fingernails count?) and there is no damage or wear at all.
Remind Brooks that Jeff from the Traverse Forum is still recommending her. Worst case, she would go to a dealer and map out the bench seating.
That might take a week or two if she needs to do that. The product has held up perfectly. Keep in mind she is a "mom and pop" organization
(possibly without the pop) so take it slow and you will be very satisfied. She is trying to make inroads in a very tough economy....

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I emailed her---
Let her know Jeffs pics caught my attention.
she said the bench seat option is there...on page 3.
Also mentioned black is available.

She did say she was going to call dealership to find out if anything has changed on the inside floorplan of the 2010's... (which I dont think it has).

She would get back to me.

I ask about dogs--- because german shepherds being large dogs--- have large nails--- theyre not sharp- but are capable of leaving their marks...

Ill let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ive submitted my order........
In black. Bench.

Ill have pics when I install.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Spoke to Brooks today to order black in bench also! She was happy to hear that about the Traverseforum pushing the product! Looking forward to getting them next week so I can haul my lab around w/o worrying about hair sticking to carpet....

·
Registered
994 Posts

The kind of service that Brooks provides is why I would play more for her product as compared to any possible comparable product made far offshore. (But now I think of it maybe the actual liners are made outside NAmerica? :confused:)

·
Registered
112 Posts

I just ordered a camo set. (That should piss the wife off!) :hot:

Should we be getting a Traverse Forum discount?? :angel:

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Mine was shipped out yesterday.
I guess mine is sort of important... as my Traverse is a 2010---
If it fits right- then I guess 2009 and 2010 are identical and no little tweeks were done to the interior.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I slightly changed the title of this thread.
The 2009- is a perfect fit on my 2010. so if you order a 2009- it will fit fine on the 2010.
I emailed them- and asked for ebony. they were glad to make it in ebony.
Here are images of what the product looks like.
The images are
rear 3rd seat down- with the rear of the 2nd seat protected.
all left hand side seats down- right seats up.
all right hand seats down- left seats up
all seats down

Attachments

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took my 3 dogs out for a ride.
The lighter German Shepherd sheds like crazy all yr round.
But- once we got back home- I simply used a vacuum to clean up the hair- and used a wet rag to clean up the liner.
Id did exactly what I wanted--- to keep the dogs hairs from weaving into the seats fabric.
Some hair stuck the new plastic on the sides-- via static electricity.
But overall- I was very happy to get this.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome pics! My ebony set should show up this week. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Youre welcome snomon
The key to helping control hair--- DONT open the windows- or else hair will fly all over the place.
The good thing is the Traverse has AIR ducts leading to the rear- Turn on AC- and blow cool air to the dogs....
In my previous vehicle (03 Trailblazer)- I had to open the windows to get air to them (when they were panting- from exercise)- but soon I had hair landing on my dash seats etc...

·
Registered
78 Posts
From all the problems you've described re. dog hair, I guess that's why some folks put their canines in the pick up bed. ( I know, that's a bad idea)

Good tip:... When the dog in the pick up ahead is leaning at 45deg, you know the driver is pulling 1g

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also have a truck- a nice 1964 Chevy C20- nicely fixed up...--- and theres no way- I would transport my dogs in the bed.
Ive gone places with 1 of my shepherds in the 64- and she rides in the front....
I dont want her getting injured back there- being tossed around- or thrown out of the bed, or being hit in the eye by bugs or road debris.....

It drives me nuts to see other folks with their pets in the beds.
And yes-- one of the reasons for buying an SUV (trailblazer) and the Traverse (CUV) was for the transport of our family pets-

·
Registered
112 Posts
Received my CAMO Canvasback today. Took about 5 minutes to install and looks great! :blob:

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics please...
Camo should be interesting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know it is an old thread and people hate on bringing these back from the grave. But I have to add my 2 cents! This hands down has been the best accessory I have bought (cheap IMO or at least competitively priced) for what it is. It looks great, keeps dog hair off, and install took less than 10 minutes and was painless. Thanks to everyone who not only pointed us to this company's products but also for those of you who posted pics of your installed items- I like the tucking it under tip too, that makes it look so much nicer!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
youre welcome...
It is a nice product!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bringing back this old thread again just to say that I just ordered a black set for my new Traverse! Excited to see that some quality products like this are being made for the Traverse. We have a 1 year old Husky/Boxer mix.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts