Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2012 , the front passenger window only works from that side, but i as the driver cannot work it from drivers seat control but all other windows are operable. I also feel like this may be draining my battery like its open circuit. Because my battery drains really fast to, and i used a test light between the ground strap and the actual battery and it indicates a open/short circuit. It may be related i'm not sure did any one else run into this?

I also tried to locate the relay for the power windows but cannot figure out how to get the cover off under the glove box , not the outer cover but the inner white one with clips on there is a screw in the middle but its tricky to get at

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Probably need to clean the drivers switch contacts. Here's a thread with some pics:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably need to clean the drivers switch contacts. Here's a thread with some pics:

thanks seems easy enough, one thing that is weird ...when i do press the switch, i can hear a noise coming from the passenger side like its trying to put it down, not sure if it will go up, i'll have to check...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have dealt with this on my 2011 for the last 3 years. Two things to know: The windows' wiring harness can fill with water and create problems. Disconnect the harness at the door where it meets the body and drain the water out. That helped me a little bit. I decided to give up and replace the master power window switch with an after-market version from Amazon. Problem solved in 15 minutes. I made sure the individual switches worked before replacing the master. This is the part I ordered: Amazon.com: Drive Side Power Window Master Control Switch for | Chevy Silverado 1500 2500HD 3500HD,Traverse,HHR,GMC Sierra 1500 2500HD 3500HD,Yukon,Buick Enclave | Replaces OE# 20945129, 25789692, 25951963: Industrial & Scientific

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have cleaned the contacts on my 2010 a few times. It's hard to get it apart but worth the effort. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have that same problem in my 2015 traverse, probably for the past two years, around 50,000 miles. I read about reading the contacts, finally bought some plastic tools to try to pry the leather off the handle but a little worried I will screw it up. I just haven't been using the passenger window. More afraid I will put it down and it might not come back up. At some point I will try to do the contact cleaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts