Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2017 2017 Chevrolet Traverse 1LS and cannot find bluetooth anywhere on the console.

Per the Chevy site GM Authority, bluetooth is available with this model. My audio system has a CD player, aux jack port and Sirius

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yes it is available, it is an option. Do you have the Infotainment system with the touchscreen?
On your home screen, do you have the Bluetooth emblem shown on the top right corner? You will have to turn on the Bluetooth on the device so it will pair.
. Pair cell phone(s) to the vehicle. The system may not work with all cell phones. See “Pairing” in this section
A Bluetooth enabled cell phone must be paired to the Bluetooth system and then connected to the vehicle before it can be used. See the cell phone manufacturer's user guide for Bluetooth functions before pairing the cell phone. If a Bluetooth phone is not connected, calls will be made using OnStar Hands-Free Calling, if equipped. See “OnStar” if equipped. Pairing Information . A Bluetooth phone with MP3 capability cannot be paired to the vehicle as a phone and an MP3 player at the same time. . Up to five cell phones can be paired to the Bluetooth system. . The pairing process is disabled when the vehicle is moving. . Pairing only needs to be completed once, unless the pairing information on the cell phone changes or the cell phone is deleted from the system.
Pairing a Phone 1. Press b / g. 2. Say “Bluetooth.” This command can be skipped. 3. Say “Pair.” The system responds with instructions and a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). The PIN is used in Step 5. 4. Start the pairing process on the cell phone that you want to pair. For help with this process, see the cell phone manufacturer's user guide. 5. Locate the device named “Your Vehicle” in the list on the cell phone. Follow the instructions on the cell phone to enter the PIN provided in Step 3. After the PIN is successfully entered, the system prompts you to provide a name for the paired cell phone. This name will be used to indicate which phones are paired and connected to the vehicle. The system responds with “ has been successfully paired” after the pairing process is complete. 6. Repeat Steps 1–5 to pair additional phones. Listing All Paired and Connected Phones The system can list all cell phones paired to it. If a paired cell phone is also connected to the vehicle, the system responds with “is connected” after that phone name. 1. Press b / g. 2. Say “Bluetooth.” 3. Say “List.”

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the very detailed answer; much appreciated

I do have the touch screen console, but I have never seen a Bluetooth icon? I am literally printing your reply and walking out to my car . I'll report back later this evening

Thank you

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have the 2017 1LS also and I have the touch screen etc but never seen that I can have access to the Bluetooth system on this model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. If you go to the website I noted, it clearly states that the Traverse 1LS has bluetooth. Makes no sense whatsoever

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You are tight greentraverse. I have done some research and this is true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts