Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's MSRP
There's GM Supplier Pricing (4% over Dealer Invoice)
There's GM Employee Pricing (not sure what it is)
There's Dealer Invoice. To get Dealer Invoice, use Car Cost Canada http://carcostcanada.com

Car Cost Canada will recommend / have a partner dealer in your area that will send you a dealer quote. However, to get the lowest price, find the dealer with the vehicle you want on THEIR lot (use GM Canada's website to locate a vehicle by postal code - I used postal codes from London, Windsor, Toronto, Barrie, Oshawa, Kingston, Ottawa, Sudbury). Some will do dealer trades to get the one you want, but there's cost involved, and therefore you will pay that cost in markup. For example, the Car Cost Canada recommended dealer wanted 3% over invoice to bring in the vehicle I wanted through a dealer trade.

We're just in the middle of a Traverse purchase (contract signed, delivery pending) from Nurse Chevrolet in Whitby. Total length of time of negotiation with the sales person & sales manager was 7 minutes - just showed them the Car Cost Canada report, and told them what I wanted out the door - approx. 1.3% over invoice. After the current $6500 rebate, and after taxes, worked out to be 19.5% off full MSRP. Had to drive over an hour to the dealership who had it in stock - but it was worth the drive. Very pleasant purchasing experience - Sales Manager said it was his easiest negotiation.... a customer who knows what he wants & makes a reasonable offer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$51K out the door

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi guys, first of all I'm glad to have discovered this forum. I signed a deal last Sept 15th, to factory order my Traverse. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, advices, and personal experiences with your babies.... so I have something to read about while I'm waiting for mine. I'm not sure how you guys determine your OTD price, but mine is $43,689 on the Total Sale price on my agreement. It is 2010 Summit White 2LT w/ awd, heated leather, engine block heater, trailer package, dual sunroof, cross rails for roof rack, and since it is 2010 model, it comes w/ Bluetooth, usb port, and autodimming rearview mirror. I'm also planning on buying extra 3 yrs of GMPP (warranty) for $2600 as offered. For accessories, I'm thinking of getting the factory premium all weather floor mats, some badges for awd, v6, and/or 3.6L, and molded assist steps preferrably Owen's Premiere running boards..... I really like the Toronto Star review on gas usage of 12.8 L / 100 km. Anybody else tried to monitor theirs. If so, please share with us, thanks. This is one of the main reason why I'm letting go of my Trailblazer Ext. I'm already convinced with the Traverse's looks, on paper performance, and standard and available toys. It is just this gas thing that I'm worried about.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
red426,

My 2002 TrailBlazer 4X4 gave me 24 mpg on the highway, my 2009 Traverse has not given me more than 20 MPG on the highway. I'm VERY easy on the gas, no burnouts, no unnecessary fast starts, use cruise control whenever possible, still nothing more than 20 MPG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts