Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm that they can shut off the Front Pedestrian Braking under Collision and Detection System Settings?
My owners manual states there should be an option to shut it off, but when I go into settings under Collision and Detection Systems the option to shut it off is not there.
Even if I shut the entire Collision and Detection System off, the Front Pedestrian Braking will still activate while driving.

·
Super Moderator
2020 High Country
1,266 Posts
In my '20 High Country I shut the auto braking off after a false activation. The red alert on the windshield and beep still activates but no braking. I'm not home with it to verify how I did it as it was a while ago.
Are you signed into the vehicle with your password ?

·
Registered
2022 Traverse RS AWD
16 Posts
Can anyone confirm that they can shut off the Front Pedestrian Braking under Collision and Detection System Settings?
My owners manual states there should be an option to shut it off, but when I go into settings under Collision and Detection Systems the option to shut it off is not there.
Even if I shut the entire Collision and Detection System off, the Front Pedestrian Braking will still activate while driving.

I also have a 22 RS. I checked and I do not see an option to turn the Front Pedestrian Braking off. I only see the options to turn the Front Collision alerts/braking on or off

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have a 22 RS. I checked and I do not see an option to turn the Front Pedestrian Braking off. I only see the options to turn the Front Collision alerts/braking on or off
Thanks, that exactly what I see too. But the owners manual states, in more than 1 place, that the front pedestrian braking has the option be turned off, alert, alert and brake.
I did try turning off the front collision system, but it did not disable the front pedestrian braking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts