Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon starting my car this morning, it does the same thing as usual, hardly wants to start but after a few seconds cranks.

Except this morning, I found the lights flickering on the front end. I thought it was a shadow of a passing vehicle so I backed up and proceeded to work as usual.

When I was stuck behind a truck at a light, I noticed them flicker again. When I parked in the parking lot, the lights were flickering more and I was at idle, car parked but not shut off.

I have been noticing that there is a "vibration" sound in the dashboard when I turn the car off, happens for just a few seconds as if something is powering down. I have googled the flickering lights, and it screams alternator issue. I have not trouble with the interior light being dim, but this just happened today. It's the weekend and my mechanic don't open until Monday!

Any thoughts on how much I'm looking at spending for this?... Or how long before I'm stranded?... Greatly appreciated.

XXXXX!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should add:

Car had a new battery as of last fall/winter.

Car has been seen by mechanic for the starting struggle, they said it had a "good alternator and battery" as of six months ago.... No battery light.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Maybe a bad ground somewhere. Dont burn it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol!!

This is just the icing on the long LONG list of things that have gone terribly wrong since I bought this car ha ha!!

I have to lake it at least to Thursday when I get paid!

For reference, see my post from this past winter called "drowning"!

I have replaced at least $13,000 on parts in this car since I bought it a year and a half ago!! 😲😭😭

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
You dont mention the year of your Traverse. I presume it is a 2009. when you drain your wallet like this it is better to get rid of it for a newer one before your wallet really get very light in your pocket. All the money you spent will not be recovered when you trade it. When I exchanged my Impala I went to the dealer with a transmission that was very sick and needed a full rebuilt. They looked at the car without a road test. After it was their baby.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are 100% correct, this is a 09 traverse!!

What was the dead giveaway, ha ha?
I would love to get rid of it, I owe $7,300 on it, and it's only worth $4000.

We are talking about paying it off with income taxes, but we kinda want to put it in the bank for these wonderful unexpected repairs haha.

I wouldn't wish this car on my worse enemy, this has been a huge life lesson.

My mechanic and I have a love hate relationship.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it a good or a bad thing to try and "upsell" the car, since we replaced the engine and it currently only has 56,000 miles on it to get better resale on it?....

·
Registered
203 Posts
$13,000? on parts? You gotta be kidding.

Codes? Codes? U didn't mention any. This beast has gotta be setting codes.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
$13,000 on parts in 18 months ??!

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
whats the breakdown in this $13,000.

Nice to see you again bobg1951chevy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts