Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here,

Ordered a 2010 Traverse 2LT Cyber Gray back on Feb 27 and just found out I now have a build week of the March 21st and hoping it arrives by the end of the month to take advantage of 0% financing.
Also advised the dealership to leave all the plastic on during dealer prep. I like the idea of removing it myself. I will post some pics with my other Cyber Gray Chevy. :cheers:

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
if you know the dealer/ salesman 'well'.... then you can bother him constantly to check the status of your order.
Once the vehicle is built, it will be assigned a VIN #.
Once thats assigned--- you can 'pay' for the vehicle... even if it wont arrive for severeal weeks.

Though- some dealers will not do this- some will.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: I did the same thing years ago with my Tahoe the funny thing was when is arrived there were extra options on it like dual A/C that I did not order and the dealership could not charge me for because they had already sold me the vehicle. When we paid for the truck before it came in the dealership had a build sheet with all the options on it and I just checked for all the items I ordered and neither one of use really seen the extra options but after I got it I was glad they were there. So yes you can take advantage of the 0% if they start building it before that up.

8) Steve

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Drove my ordered 2010 tonight!! 8km on the odo. Picking it up Saturday AM. Only issue is the roof rack wasn't installed. It was listed on the sheet on the window, and its on the invoice. Dealer installed maybe? I didn't notice any metal rails in the plastic mouldings.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
yup- should be dealer installed... something they do during the pre delivery inspection...
Maybe they can install the metal rails- and you can install the cross bars... that way you can get acquainted with them....

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Turbojet said:
Thanks for the info, I'll be contacting the dealer tomorrow :thumb:
when you ordered- you may have been given a printout.
an order confirmation # should be on it. (numbers and letters--- I think its about 6 characters long.

on some forums- some people may be nice enough to look up the status. using this code.
Sometimes a salesman may stop giving you updates when you 'call' too often.
Infor from another site...... below.
--------------------------------------------

Event code 1000 means the dealer has sent the order to GM, and GM has accepted the order as a error free order, but it has not been allocated to the dealer yet, and has no production status. It is still floating around in cyber space.

The next event code would be Event 2000 which means the dealer has placed the order with GM through earned allocation. Large dealers earn more allocation than small ones, are can usually place orders quicker.

Event 2500 mens GM has accepted the order into their production process, and a build date soon becomes available.

Event 3000 quickly follows 2500 in most cases, and means the vehicle is scheduled for production. The dealer will not be able to give you an accurate production time until Event 3000.

Event 3800 means the vehicle has been built, and this is the first Event that will give a VIN. After the vehicle receives a VIN, your dealer can do paperwork to complete the deal, if necessary.

Event 4200 means the car has been shipped to the dealer, and event 5000 means the car has been received by the dealer.

A dealer can order vehicle in a number of different ways:

a. Through earned allocation - a dealer, by selling from his inventory, earns the right to order more vehicles on a pretty much automatic basis. If he sells a Traverse, he earns another one. If he sells 10 in a month, he may earn 12, depending on his incentive status and the language of his dealer agreement.

b. Sold orders - a retail sold order is placed within the dealer's allocation, however, it is given a higher priority status. That means it should be built before any stock units of the same model and order time are built.

c. Incentive orders - such as GM employee orders, Dealer Rental Vehicle orders - are given a special priorty also.

d. Fleet orders - are made using a different status request, and are made outside of a dealer's allocation independent of any earning made by the dealer on retail units - and of course, are given a higher priority status.

c. Commercial stock units - are made out of an entirely separate allocation from the dealer's retail allocation. This type of order is only available to dealers who participate in the GM Business Central program which is supported by GM Fleet and Commercial Operations group. As mentioned before, Business Central dealers have separate allocation, but only for WT half ton trucks, HD trucks (2500 and 3500 Silverados) and vans (cargo, passenger, and cutaway).

Once a vehicle is ordered, the process is mostly out of the dealer's hands. He can follow it through the system, however, changes can only be made before the order is Preferenced (Event Code 3000).

An order usually takes only 6 - 8 weeks to produce, with transportation taking up to 3 weeks. Vehicles are mostly shippied by rail, unless within a short driving distance from the assembly plant. Transportation is handled by 3rd party contractors, including major railroad companies. Once in a transit status - the vehicle has been shipped - again the dealer has almost no control over the unit. Transit status changes to 5000 when the dealer gets the vehicle on its premises.

Ordering can be very frustrating for a retail customer, because so much of the process is non-transparent, and also because their dealer has so little control.

From the dealer's standpoint, a customer always wants to know how long it will take to arrive, and will be very anxious the closer the estimated time arrives. We begin to get those anxious calls about 3 weeks before the estimate, and if it goes beyond, the customer is usually beside himself with anticipation. Unfortuantely, there is almost nothing we can do to hasten the delivery of a vehicle. It's a sad truth, but a truth, nonetheless.

Hope this helps explain the process.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Build date of 3/16....Picking her up tomorrow....65 degrees today and sunny ... only 36 degrees tomorrow and 1 inch of snow :(...

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Picking mine up tomorrow too!! But it will be sunny and somewhat warm. Now Sunday-Tuesday is a whole other story. RAIN RAIN RAIN!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the paper work is done and it is now mine, but couldn't bring myself to drive it home on a snowy day. The dealership will leave it inside until I pick it up Monday (partly sunny and 50 degrees :)) :thumb:

2010 Traverse 2LT, Cyber Gray, 8 passenger, ebony leather ,Tow Package

1 - 10 of 10 Posts