Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I connected a USB drive with MP3 songs to the Infotainment system. To my surprise when I was driving the "browse" button on the screen was disabled while playing music from the USB drive.

Is there a setting or a way to enable it without affecting other functionalities? I understand the expectation of not getting distracted by browsing the songs while driving, however, this means even my wife on the passenger seat wont' be able to change/select songs? Isn't that too restrictive? That is really annoying. Anyone knows how to solve it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,001 Posts
No different than passenger using the NAV. GM limiting liabilities risk for distracted driving. No way to tell if it's the driver or a passenger using a system.
My '16 Equinox used to voice announce and show texts on the screen when new. That function disappeared a couple years ago.
Yeah radio station selecting can be an issue but with favorites presets and steering wheel controls and it being displayed in the DIC I think that slips through the liabilities issue.
I can't wait to see the auto braking and steering issues in the near future.
Next we will have we will have voice activated complexity and it's issues per my crystal ball.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts